What's new

Johnny-O

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
recently received some Johnny-O double coronas. they are 7 5/8 by 50. have a pigtail and shagfoot so they look ENORMOUS. they are fresh, so they have a rather soft feel and a beautiful oily look to them. i know that conventional wisdom says put them away, let them rest, they'll only get better with age. i really, really hope i can do this, as they are pretty tasty right now. i haven't smoked a large number of cc's and even fewer that have age on them. but these have that nice after taste that i equate with the island leaf. it is not super strong, but it's there, and it makes me think that time will bring that out even more. as for it's size, it burns great. i've gone through two of them so far and each has taken a wonderful 2 -2 1/2 hours, and i've taken them to the nub. these haven't been the easiest to find, but i'm glad i did. i give them an 8/10 right now, and hope to be able to raise that in time!:smokingbo

Mitch

BOM 2/09-Keeper BOTtLe
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
Are these CC or NC? I've heard both and didn't think anyone knew for sure.

Nice sticks by the way, I've got two that are going to rest a long while.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Are these CC or NC? I've heard both and didn't think anyone knew for sure.

Nice sticks by the way, I've got two that are going to rest a long while.
Smoke one and then you will know! :stretchgr

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
What is a Johnny-o? :scratchhe:scratchhe:dunno::dunno:
I'm getting better at the lingo for cigars...but that one puzzles me.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I've heard both but I've smoked them with and without age and they never p/u a strong so called cuban twang. We all know what a blind taste test does and really though if you like what your smoking then just keep smoking it!

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
What is a Johnny-o? :scratchhe:scratchhe:dunno::dunno:
I'm getting better at the lingo for cigars...but that one puzzles me.
probably the best thing to do is search some of the other forums. there never seems to be any concrete info, just "everybody knows" kind of stuff. Johnny-O is the guy who has the sticks for sale, occasionally. just like any stick there are some people that aren't impressed, but from what i've read, the majority of those who've tried them liked them. so i tried them and i liked them!

WhiteLightning

This is WhiteLightning!
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I've tried a Johnny-O culebra and didn't notice any cc notes or flavors. Not a bad stick but not something I'm going to go out and buy right away either.

Mitch

BOM 2/09-Keeper BOTtLe
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
I had one and it had some CC twang to it, but no more than the El Triunfador has, liked it, don't get me wrong it was a good cigar, but I was more curious if anyone knew for sure about it's birth place. Guess it will remain a mystery, at least for now.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I have really enjoyed the perfectos I have smoked. I am pretty sure about where they are from, and I have verified with reliable sources that know him. They are worth a try.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
So it's called a Johnny-O becasue the name of the guy that simply sells them is named Johnny-O? And we don't even know where they come from, or who makes them, or really anything about them at all, other than they come from a guy named Johny-O?

Wow. what an enigma.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
So it's called a Johnny-O becasue the name of the guy that simply sells them is named Johnny-O? And we don't even know where they come from, or who makes them, or really anything about them at all, other than they come from a guy named Johny-O?

Wow. what an enigma.
LMAO @ Gale... Yes his name is John Ortega if I'm not mistaken and he lives in Florida somewhere:thumbsup: Kinda reminds of Goodfellas or something, LOL!

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Great! His name is Johnny-O, and he might live in Florida...somewhere.

Are you guys a bunch of potheads or something?!?! This don't sound like we're tlaking about cigars with all this hetchy-sketchy Johnny-O somewhere in Florida bidness.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Wait....I could have sworn I posted a link and a price list on here yesterday. Did I break a rule or something?

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Wait....I could have sworn I posted a link and a price list on here yesterday. Did I break a rule or something?
I don't think you are supposed to post sources. Especially if these are CCs. I would imagine the post got pulled. I did see it up here yesturday.