What's new

Johnny-O's -- Bottom line, worth buying or not?

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Love the ones I have smoked. That said, the only J-O I have smoked are from a single batch, all purchased at once. They are great right now, but I assume they will go sick soon or whatever. Right now they have a crazy distinct graham cracker flavor that I've never gotten before in a cigar. All of those I've had are "world famous roller" made...

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
haven't had a johnny o yet however, apparently, one of the rollers is santos from havana, cuba who is known for rolling great cigars

i picked up some of his cigars recently in havana. a botl sent me a couple of johnny o's to compare the two.

should be interesting...

Rating - 96.7%
32   1   0
I have smoked around 5-6. Half of them were literally unsmokeable. The ones that were unsmokeable were the coronas. There were rolled soooo tight and were jam packed with huge stems. See pick below. These were pulled out of the end of a small corona, one of the 3 coronas that I could not draw any air through whatsoever. Let this be a warning that not all of these are worth it. I would go for bigger ring gauges.

Sin

Living the Dream
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Bob was kind enough to sell me a 5er. So far, the cazadores were great but the behique 52s were just ok...I'll probably pick up a sampler from john to see what size I like most.

cigarhombre

Broadleaf addict
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyrob Johnny O's are the closest thing to the majority of us will ever get to walking up to a rollers table in downtown Havana.

.......x2____________________________________________________

....x3!!!!

that is exactly how I would describe them.

IMMHO, throwing out details is really of no help in answering your question, because of the simple fact in that most of the above posts seem to have in common. VARIANCE.