What's new

Johnny O's

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
So I was thinking of purchasing some of the the Johnny O cigars since I figured out how lol. Couple questions which ones do you prefer? Also is there a difference between the world famous,factory,and EA bundles? Also any thoughts on them in general I am very curious to try them but have heard very mixed opinions. Thanks!

shadowcam

BoM April '14
Rating - 100%
262   0   0
I usually go for the shorts (best deal) when they pop up and ask for the lightest colored wrappers (best tasting, IMO) from John. Get your check book ready. No online payments.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Hit or miss, never know what tobacco you are getting so you can throw consistency out the door. That means what one person's review/opinion means jack squat to what you might get. They are worth a try though...

Rating - 100%
144   0   0
I also like the shorts and the cheapest sampler hes usual offering. You can usually grab a sampler then add a few singles of others that may not be in the sampler. The baby salomons are beauties but bigger than I thought they would be fyi.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
The EA bundles are a different roller from the world famous ones--PM me if you need more details.

I've bought maybe half a dozen bundles from him over the past year. They are good fresh, some crazy good. Out of 5-6 bundles, two have been incredible off the bat, including the first one I bought (corona gordas). That first bundle just hit a year last month and is coming out of its sick period. Hoping additional age will do it well, as it isn't quite as good as it was fresh yet. The EA Laguito No. 2s were the other bundle that, to me, was incredible fresh. But as others have said, it's probably more about what access the rollers have to tobacco at that moment vs. who the roller is or what vitola they're rolling. There is no stable Johnny-O "blend."

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Sorry for my incompetence, what are the Johnny Os and the EA bundles? Long ago I was given a Johnny O and it is sitting on my humi since I don't know what the heck it is. It smells funny tho...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

shadowcam

BoM April '14
Rating - 100%
262   0   0
Sorry for my incompetence, what are the Johnny Os and the EA bundles? Long ago I was given a Johnny O and it is sitting on my humi since I don't know what the heck it is. It smells funny tho...

Smoke it. It's cheap. Johnny Os are custom rolled cigars. EA bundles = economically advantaged bundles. EA bundles are cheaper because they are either missing a few cigars out of the 25 ct or they have darker wrappers.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0

Smoke it. It's cheap. Johnny Os are custom rolled cigars. EA bundles = economically advantaged bundles. EA bundles are cheaper because they are either missing a few cigars out of the 25 ct or they have darker wrappers.
And they are all CC's I guess...

pmd

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The EA bundles are a different roller from the world famous ones--PM me if you need more details.

They are good fresh, some crazy good. Out of 5-6 bundles, two have been incredible off the bat, including the first one I bought (corona gordas).
I had a similar experience with the Mag47s. That was my first bundle and I was shocked at how good they were fresh. I'm still a few months shy of the one year point for age but I've got a feeling they'll need a bit more time.

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
I just picked up 2 bundles of CGs and 2 bundles of piggies. Nom nom as my pal would say.

Have yet to have a bad JO