What's new

Johnny O's

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Smoke it. It's cheap. Johnny Os are custom rolled cigars. EA bundles = economically advantaged bundles. EA bundles are cheaper because they are either missing a few cigars out of the 25 ct or they have darker wrappers.
No, the EAs are from a different roller. I asked John. There's nothing "wrong" with them, he just uses EA as the "brand" for this second roller.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Smoke it. It's cheap. Johnny Os are custom rolled cigars. EA bundles = economically advantaged bundles. EA bundles are cheaper because they are either missing a few cigars out of the 25 ct or they have darker wrappers.
No, the EAs are from a different roller. I asked John. There's nothing "wrong" with them, he just uses EA as the "brand" for this second roller.
Wow those Churchills are super cheap so EA is just like a lesser roller.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Wow those Churchills are super cheap so EA is just like a lesser roller.
^ correct. Regular factory-type rollers for EA, and a "world famous" roller for the others. In theory the tobacco is picked from the same stock.

I like the World Famous stuff a lot, haven't tried the EA actually. I've been thinking about picking some up soon, like Lagito #2s or something.

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I like the World Famous stuff a lot, haven't tried the EA actually. I've been thinking about picking some up soon, like Lagito #2s or something.
The Laguito No. 2s I got were really good, as were the piggies. I was able to limit myself to two of each fresh, so the rest are aging.

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
And to be honest, I think folks should worry less about where the tobacco is from on these, because it's impossible to know for sure. The point is they're not too expensive, they taste good, and they're interesting--shaggy/closed feet, less common vitolas, etc.

BigFoot

Jose
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Hate to admit it, but I gotta agree with scittles. Amazing price, some great vitolla. Who the hell cares where there from, if they taste good smoke em. I myself am waiting to Ike the ones I got because there more than likely in there "sick" stage. I will be placing am order next time around and try some fresh.

Rating - 100%
144   0   0
I agree that it doesn't matter where they come from, but from my experiences with them, they taste and have very similar characteristics of isom tobacco. No expert here, just my 2 cents...

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Been on the fence for a while now... may order a bundle when it gets warm enough to smoke some fresh.

These days I'm down to 1 or 2 sticks a week. Ugh..... cold temps bite.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I've got a bundle on the way. I want to try them fresh but is their a beetle problem with these "farm rolled" sticks ? Should I immediately put them in the freezer before I give them a try ?

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I've got a bundle on the way. I want to try them fresh but is their a beetle problem with these "farm rolled" sticks ? Should I immediately put them in the freezer before I give them a try ?
For once I'm going to say FREEZE!!!! There has been losts of info lately on custom rolls coming out with beetle problems. One person just lost a couple of bundles of WF Monsdales to beetles that were rolled last fall. Btw IMO JOs to me seem "ruff" till the 2-3 yr mark. Even when fresh FWIW.......

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
And to be honest, I think folks should worry less about where the tobacco is from on these, because it's impossible to know for sure. The point is they're not too expensive, they taste good, and they're interesting--shaggy/closed feet, less common vitolas, etc.
Yep if they taste good I will be all over them for the price. I do agree I really like all the pics I have seen searching the web. Cigar pass has a huge list with all/most viotola's and prices.

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
IMO they're definitely real. I had a friend that damn near lost his mind after
smoking the EA Churchills once they dried out. He used to have a brush foot
natural lancero/lonsdale. I was gifted two of those from Vegan a long time ago.
That was the first time I tasted 'butter' in a cigar, and i've never tasted it since....

John is a good man in my book.