What's new

Jonathan Drew event at Riverside Cigars

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Jeffersonville, In. Which is right across the Ohio River from Louisville, Ky. I say Louisville area because no one knows where Jeffersonville is. The shop is like 2 minutes off I-65.

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Jeffersonville, In. Which is right across the Ohio River from Louisville, Ky. I say Louisville area because no one knows where Jeffersonville is. The shop is like 2 minutes off I-65.
got ya! I would almost pay for someone to go as along as they got me the pigs and velvet rats' that are going to be there!

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
The more I think about this the more it bothers me. Don't get me wrong I love this shop but it kinda puts me off to have to pay for the right to have a chance at LE stuff. I don't know, I will have to think on it a bit. Reminds me of how the other shop made you buy a box of Liga to be able to buy a bundle of good stuff.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
You're paying for the dinner and just get the other stuff as extras. It's not always about the cigars.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I see what you're saying. It doesn't really say they won't be available at other times but they're available at event pricing. We all know damn well though that they will sell out.

Really though, if you're doing the event to chase the LE's you're doing life wrong.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Do you have to pay for the dinner to have the right to purchase the LE cigars though?
Sounds to me like with the price you get dinner, a bottle of Angels Envy and a couple of these HTF cigars and a Liga 9 sampler. Then you would also have the option of buying the boxes of pigs.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I see what you're saying. It doesn't really say they won't be available at other times but they're available at event pricing. We all know damn well though that they will sell out.

Really though, if you're doing the event to chase the LE's you're doing life wrong.
This is very true, good point.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
You're paying for the dinner and just get the other stuff as extras. It's not always about the cigars.

These two quotes are perfectly on point.

A private dinner for 40 people with the guy who is head of one the largest cigar companies in the world is worth the ticket price.

The food, booze and cigars are worth the price of admission.

It seems to me they are intending this to be a very exclusive thing and I would bet they have no problem filling it and those attendees will have a blast and with or without the box of LE's feel it was worth it.

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
I'd go if I was anywhere near there. Would be cool to meet JD.

Hell, I'd be pumped if someone from here went and shared their experience.

Rating - 95.5%
24   1   0
Is this for charity of something. I've never understood the fascination with famous people. I worked in NYC for years and have met or bumped into 100's of celebrities. Surprisingly only 2 of them were cool and hungout and talked with my union members. Matthew Modine (private joker) and Kevin Bacon. Modine even gave us beers. We worked on the front of his building. They're just people. JD looks to be a young guy. Wait around you'll see him at an event. I think for another $700 you can go to Nicaragua and hangout with him for a week. Just my 2 cents.