What's new

Jose L Piedra Cazadores

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Last night I had a Jose L Piedra, which was slightly too strong in nicotine. I had to wait for the walls to stop closing in on me as it was like a hangover rolled in tobacco leaves. Had a couple of nice drams of Glen Moray with it but I think my first impressions about 7 or 8 years ago about this Cuban killer were probably right.

Had a really bad draw from the start and not much flavour, not sure if the bad head was from trying to get a draw on the cigar or just immature tobacco giving off excess nicotine. Either way I won't be smoking these again. These give Cuban cigars a bad name

Machine Made Cuban
Length: 153 mm.
Ring: 43
3/10

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its unfortunate that these is one of the brands of MM's that suffer from the worst reputation. I guess that explains why they are so cheap.

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
When researching JLPs, one of the first things you'll find is that unless you enjoy the extremely tannic, almost bitter flavor of them young, which it seems you do not, they need 5+ years of rest. I've recently smoked some 99s that were very pleasing and surprisingly well made for a MM. Search for some oldies and they may bring you back to the cuban MM market. I'd say they were the best under $2 smoke I'd ever had.