What's new

Just a normal day at the train station...

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Montreal 23-11 Detroit
Last Montreal cup was 1993 and Detroit's was 2008.
I respect the Original Six but they're still rivals!
Les canadiens have 24 in fact. Which is the combined number from the 2nd and 3rd.

Now... if you want to say Montréal, you need to understand that there was other Montréal teams before the nhl, and they got Stanleys too. If memory serve, it was brought back to Montréal a total of 39 times.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Les canadiens have 24 in fact. Which is the combined number from the 2nd and 3rd.

Now... if you want to say Montréal, you need to understand that there was other Montréal teams before the nhl, and they got Stanleys too. If memory serve, it was brought back to Montréal a total of 39 times.
I stand corrected. I did forget to count Pre-NHL.

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Did they win stanley cups?
They forged the Stanley cup from raw indium and uranium with their bare hands

So the point was that Montreal may have the best franchise in history but not the best franchise in modern time given their cup drought.

Pretty sure the red wings are the team that owns that crown. The playoff streak alone is something to marvel at.

I'm sure you're hoping price doesn't fold once the playoffs start :)

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
They forged the Stanley cup from raw indium and uranium with their bare hands

So the point was that Montreal may have the best franchise in history but not the best franchise in modern time given their cup drought.

Pretty sure the red wings are the team that owns that crown. The playoff streak alone is something to marvel at.

I'm sure you're hoping price doesn't fold once the playoffs start :)
Yeah Le Canadiens is relying a lot on his goalie. They always have been, and often it was working good. Think of Plante or Roy. Last year they were doing OK until Price got injured. Then nothing.
Can't wait for the series.

BTW the Stanley Cup is a punch bowl from the 1880s... lol It must be world's most renowned punch bowl or something.