What's new

Just another Willy story

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Round about 1995 my uncle Don comes to visit from Buffalo. I'd never met him. My mom had bailed from Buffalo in the 1950s and gone as far as she could to get away from her dad, landing her in Hawaii where my dad was in the Navy.

Anyway, Uncle Don was travelling out West with one of his sons for the first time and came out via San Diego where there is a Sea World. It was well-known in the family that I, Blake, had a cigar obsession, so when Don showed up he had this amazing gift for me: three Churchills from a place in San Diego called The Cuban Cigar Factory. "Rolled from Cuban seed!" he told me. I was bowled over by the awesomeness of the concept and the sticks themselves. They were great cigars and I ordered many more through the years.

Later, 20 years later, I come to smoke some cigars by a dude called Willy from out Arizona way.

This evening I look up "Cigar Willy" and find that this fellow Willy after leaving Cuba went to San Diego and set up The Cuban Cigar Factory which he ran for some years before heading off to Arizona where he would eventually meet our friend BrewinHooligan.