What's new

Just back from the motherland

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I just returned from a week in Cuba. The weather was OK but the cigars were GREAT!

I have only been serious about cigars for a few years. I smoke 1 or 2 per week and none in the cold winter months (I live in Canada). I have had a number of Habanos cigars in the past but it was always difficult to compare them because I didn't smoke them back-to-back. On this trip I was able to smoke a couple of cigars per day.

I tried a few different R&J's, also some Bolivars, Monticristos, Cuabas and Punch. I have learned to stay away from the Guatanamera even though they are the cheapest of the Habanos brands. I discovered that I prefer the slightly bolder flavor of the Montecristos. I had a few of the No. 2 which are the Cigar Aficionado Cigar of the Year. They really are very good. I love the figarado shape of the Cuabas cigars. I haven't seen them sold locally around here.

The prices were good compared to the high prices (taxes) in Canada. The Monte No. 2 were about $11 each.

It was a good trip and defiantly added to my cigar appreciation knowledge base.

Bruce.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I am new to this forum. I used to be very active on a boat building forum and the mantra there was always "pictures - pictures - pictures" . I guess it's the same here. I only have pictures of me with cigar in mouth and hairy, naked belly exposed. I don't think I'd be doing anybody a favor by posting those. I'll try to do better in the future.

To answer a couple of the other questions, I brought back a few Montes and R&J's but not a full box. While they are cheaper in Cuba, but they are not "cheap" and cash was a little short.

I'm in Almonte, Ontario, near Ottawa.

Bruce.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to this forum. I used to be very active on a boat building forum and the mantra there was always "pictures - pictures - pictures" . I guess it's the same here. I only have pictures of me with cigar in mouth and hairy, naked belly exposed. I don't think I'd be doing anybody a favor by posting those. I'll try to do better in the future.

Bruce.
thats hot...

sounds like a great trip and a once in a lifetime experience...

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Glad you enjoyed Cuba. Hope you got out into the countryside & didn't just stay at the resort. If you like "bolder flavor", try a couple Bolivar Petite Coronas.