What's new

Just bought a motorcycle

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#1: Find a MSF sponsored class and take it. I had to take one in order to get permission to ride on USAF bases. I learned a good deal about handling road bikes even though I had already been riding for 15 years at the time.

#2 I keep this stuff in my tour pack and use as directed every fill up in my 2007 Vulcan 900. In 10 years I've not had any fuel related problems. Bike usually sits for 3 months in winter, hooked up to a battery tender, and when I hit the start button it kicks off like it was ridden the day before.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never wear shorts while riding your bike nor let a passenger ride with you wearing shorts. It makes you look stupid.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 2007 Honda ST 1300 ABS. You didn't say how long you have been riding. If this is your first bike I HIGHLY recommend Motorcycle Safety Foundation training course. I had been an instructor for 8 years. I have over 120K miles on MC's. I took the rider safety course with my wife to make her a good passenger and was so impressed with it, I became a coach. If you have any questions, give me a shout!View attachment 91565
Nice! I am a new rider, but did take the CHP MSF training course over New year's out at the local airport. I was lucky enough to have an awesome instructor who got me started on the right foot.

Once I get more familiar with the bike I'm going to sign up for their intermediate course so I can continue to learn and grow my skills.

I'll definitely hit you up if any questions come my way, thanks brother!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'll trade you for the Frankenstein scar on my face. ;):ROFLMAO:
Scars legitimize toughness and the women love them....esp. when you embellish the story as to how you saved a family of four from certain death when you cut in line in front of them to save them from eating leftovers at Taco Bell at closing time. Everybody knows that the mystery meat was cooked 12 hours previously and filled with loads of bacteria.

NOGILLS2

Navigator
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
When you do take on a passenger, make sure to have a discussion with them about protocol, sitting still, before moving let you know. I had a passenger that rode a bmx bike, so when I turned pass leaned in the opposite direction and we went across a couple of lanes.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
2 up on a sport bike was never enjoyable. Wife (girlfriend at the time) didn't like it because it was very uncomfortable for her. If you do ride 2 up make sure to practice turning in a parking lot. If the passenger doesn't move when you do it can get sketchy. Nothing worse got into a turn and your passenger is trying to lean the opposite direction. Oh, never give a dude a ride. You will never hear the end of it.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Scars legitimize toughness and the women love them....esp. when you embellish the story as to how you saved a family of four from certain death when you cut in line in front of them to save them from eating leftovers at Taco Bell at closing time. Everybody knows that the mystery meat was cooked 12 hours previously and filled with loads of bacteria.
Just like Brody, Hooper and Quint comparing scars below deck on the Orca.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Kind of like Tats, huh. Don't want neither, I'm beautiful as I am with this chalky white flawless skin.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Got a 5er on ya trading it in for a 900 in 2 years...good looking bike.
2 years?? No way man. Lol. If he sticks with it, it'll be less than a year before that 300 isn't enough. Haha.

Harley 1200 Sportster here. Been riding almost 20 years. Be careful out there. The idiots DO NOT see you. Anticipate everything.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll shoot your eye out !

No . . . never mind. That's a BB gun.

I haven't owned bikes for quite awhile. Thinkin' about getting back in it this spring. But I should be bike shopping now when there's still snow on the ground.

Enjoy your new motorcycle!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro