What's new

Just checking up on my cigars and ......

cashedash

illusione
Rating - 100%
4   0   0

White fuzzies!!!

I am not real surprised at my finding. I have had this problem with this cigar before and as you can see I clipped off part of it but the gauge was too big to fit in my cutter. I am not sure why this happens but it happens to the unwrapped/cello cigars. I have never had it happen to a wrapped one.

It happened to this one:
http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?t=32169&highlight=white+fuzz

I did have another unwrapped cigar in the same box and it had no white fuzzies. Not sure what the issue is but most of my cigars are in cello so they should be safe. Perhaps it just got too humid.

I guess my question is what is this white fuzz?

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Its mold dude, once it goes into the foot of a cigar just chuck it. There is no saving that.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Not pretty. If you've had this problem before have you tried to reduce the humidity in your box?

38-50

rg
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Deffinitely mold. I see you are in MN so I don't think the temp had anything to do with it. At less than 70% RH you will usually not see mold developing unless it is also fairly warm(80+ degrees). I would say you have a humidity issue.

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Yeah, if this has happened multiple times, I'd be cleaning it out. You can wipe it down with alcohol to help kill any of mold and quarantine your sticks and make sure they don't show any signs of mold.

Farani

Actually a Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
I think it's a cigar-STD...Habanorrhea most likely. One of your cigars is a slut!

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Once the spores are in your box you're done... So if your humidity spikes for some reason or another i.e. temp... You will always end up with mold cuz it's in your humi and you can get rid of it.

cashedash

illusione
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
you still using a cooler?
Yes I am still using a cooler. I think I will just check up on it more often and burp it more often. I threw the moldy stick.

I think it's a cigar-STD...Habanorrhea most likely. One of your cigars is a slut!
Lol! Habanorrhea. Uh now Im the guy with cigars that have Habanorrhea. I regret making this thread!

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Mold spores can be on a cigar long before you actually put it in your humi/cooler/tuppi/whatever.....

Just because it develops in your stash does not meant that you're the responsible party....you just need to adjust your setup to make sure it's not a welcome enviorment for future growth.

I swear by silver collidal in my passive and active humidification. Never had mold since...on ANYTHING.

cashedash

illusione
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Mold spores can be on a cigar long before you actually put it in your humi/cooler/tuppi/whatever.....

Just because it develops in your stash does not meant that you're the responsible party....you just need to adjust your setup to make sure it's not a welcome enviorment for future growth.

I swear by silver collidal in my passive and active humidification. Never had mold since...on ANYTHING.
What's silver collidal?