What's new

Just got in Newair CC-300

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have the dish that came with it full.. I also have a dish with a sponge in the middle. I am currently at 70.. My 65 beads are on there way so I need to wait a little bit.. The temperature is off for sure, running colder then it say.. When I put the hygrometer on the top shelf it is a couple degrees off. I am looking for 65... I am gonna run it at 69 and see if can it closer..

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Just signed up to add my experience with this humidor (which I snagged for 310 3 weeks ago from homeclick).
I also agree the packaging was incredible, if not a excessive.
I wanted to put mine in my theater room which caused two unexpected issues.
One, Fan Noise. I had the thing on for all of 1 minute and realized that the fans had to be changed. Easy enough process, everything is pretty easy access with just normal screws. Inside fan was 80mm which I replaced with a Noctua fan but the connector inside was non-standard so I did have to splice the two wires (noctua includes clamp splices that make it a two second job). The rear fans were 92mm and were even easier. Bought to Fractal silent fans, a 3 pin fan Y cable and a 2 pin male to 3 pin female adapter. Plugs straight to the rear mainboard.
Its essentially silent now...only barely audible with your ear inside the unit since the inside fan never stops.
Problem Two was the front display was too bright. Some tint film from amazon took care of that in a hurry.

I too am unimpressed with the interior lighting. Its too blue, too dim and too far back to do any real good. I am thinking of adding a LED strip to the front top and seeing how that works. Ill report back if I decide on that.

Seasoning: I've had it with 1lb of Heartfelt 65% and its still going after 2 weeks. I'm in NYC so its dry but the cedar can't seem to get enough moisture (heartfelt keeps drying out daily despite 68% reading on Caliber IV).

The plastic "tray" that comes with is useless, throw it away. I bought a plastic platter from the dollar store and have the beads spread across a 8x11 surface on the bottom.

Temp Setting, yeah, totally wrong, reporting at least 6 degrees too warm compared to the Caliber's reading. My only concern is that its triggering the unit to run more than it needs to (hard to confirm with the covers on to feel the thermo unit)

Anyone bought single height trays for this (to place on the flat shelves)? Is it the same as the 280 or the whynter? The only reason I chose this over the whynter was I confirmed this one had double the tray slots which would make box fitting slightly more adaptable.
I was actually quite pleased with how quickly the humidity stabilized in my cc300. I used 4 boveda 84 packs for about a week, then tossed in 4 boveda 69. It's been holding pretty stable. I'm not currently running the fridge at the moment though (no need in my basement which is 65 degrees max.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning All ... quick question if i may: my wife gave me a CC-100, smaller (and older?) version of the 300 late last year. I had it all seasoned with distilled, got it 70 humi and running at 70F. was out of town for a couple of weeks and when i came back a few of my cigars had a bit of surface mold. any thoughts as to what i am doing wrong? would climate impact the newair? i'm in SC.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I just got in a Newair CC-300 after wrestling with a cheap hum for a while,, and I have say, I'm impressed and given the cost of other forms of storage this is a nice choice. I'll post some pics and my thoughts on it:

This cigar cooler arrived double boxed very well protected from any dings or scratches. Right of the box there a few differences that really stand out:
1) Looks, its ascetically pleasing and modern, just like a wine cooler would, but better.
2) The Cedar shelving have a great aroma and its ready right out of the box to go to work, no seasoning necessary.
3) The temperature can go higher than a normal wine fridge, 74 degrees F. Which in some cases is more advantageous to cigars
4) Its sealed up without the drip pan, so no need to make modifications. Makes humidification swings nil.
5) If its plugged in the fan runs,, keeps air moving around. Important to note the fan doesn't blast or even blow air very hard,, its a subtle movement of air, not like A/C unit or even near a compressor style fridge unit. Perfect for keeping the humidity circulating but not drying out the stogies.

Those are the major game changers from purchasing a wine cooler and then converting it. All that is already done, no need to play with electronics, drill holes or fill them in. Perfect seal with cedar shelves and plenty of room for the humidification of your choice. I would highly recommend this as a cigar storage solution. Simple, effective, efficient and economical.[/QUOT
Contgrats looks awesome. I'm new to the forum. I just ordered the cc-300 after looking for the perfect storage on the Internet for many weeks. I found the best price on wayfair.com I wanted to know what you use to humidify the cigars in the cc-300 thanks ?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I just got in a Newair CC-300 after wrestling with a cheap hum for a while,, and I have say, I'm impressed and given the cost of other forms of storage this is a nice choice. I'll post some pics and my thoughts on it:

This cigar cooler arrived double boxed very well protected from any dings or scratches. Right of the box there a few differences that really stand out:
1) Looks, its ascetically pleasing and modern, just like a wine cooler would, but better.
2) The Cedar shelving have a great aroma and its ready right out of the box to go to work, no seasoning necessary.
3) The temperature can go higher than a normal wine fridge, 74 degrees F. Which in some cases is more advantageous to cigars
4) Its sealed up without the drip pan, so no need to make modifications. Makes humidification swings nil.
5) If its plugged in the fan runs,, keeps air moving around. Important to note the fan doesn't blast or even blow air very hard,, its a subtle movement of air, not like A/C unit or even near a compressor style fridge unit. Perfect for keeping the humidity circulating but not drying out the stogies.

Those are the major game changers from purchasing a wine cooler and then converting it. All that is already done, no need to play with electronics, drill holes or fill them in. Perfect seal with cedar shelves and plenty of room for the humidification of your choice. I would highly recommend this as a cigar storage solution. Simple, effective, efficient and economical.
I am wondering what you use to humidify the CC-300 and how ? Thank you

SensorO

meetup.com/Northern-Virginia-Cigar-Enthusiasts/
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use HCI beads about a pound in 1/4lb socks throughout the device. During the winter I also used an oasis , the smaller one.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, thanks I calculated 1lb of heartfelt beads will do 5cubic feet I'm told it's better to Have more. I am expecting delivery on Tuesday anything I should know about the box

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I have a smaller cc-100. Using Bovedas. Had to unplug the wires for the thermo unit as it was drawing some current and cooling just a touch even when temp was set above actual. This was causing my RH to drop a point or 2. Since unplugging those wires thing is rock steady with 6 Bovedas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I just joined. I purchased the NewAir CC-300H and I have noticed that it makes a horrible humming sound. Does anyone else experience this issue?

BasicTek

I don't smoke cigars often... HaHa just kidding :)
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
These are pretty simple devices (control board & heat sink/fans) the only moving part are the fans. Does it sound like a fan rubbing or electronics frying?

PS should probably start a new thread for this and contact newair support

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Yea good idea about the new thread. Horrible humming noise is hard to define. First question I will ask in the new thread is can you give us a reference to how loud it is? I can hear mine running from across the room

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea good idea about the new thread. Horrible humming noise is hard to define. First question I will ask in the new thread is can you give us a reference to how loud it is? I can hear mine running from across the room
Yes I can hear it from across the room, only reason I asked is because some people mentioned that how quite the unit is. It sounds like a motor running then every once in awhile it sounds like it is revving up. Sometimes I do hear the fans start but only if I leave the door open for an extended period of time.

BasicTek

I don't smoke cigars often... HaHa just kidding :)
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I've setup my temp home office in the same room with 3 of them and I hardly ever notice them, there are the cycling fans going on and off, but they are pretty quiet kind of like a background noise. If you open the door they are louder. Theses don't have compressors the only motors are for the fans.