What's new

Just had my first hit of Scotch. Yikes!

Rating - 96.7%
32   1   0
I've never understood the "acquired taste" theory. If I drink something and don't like it, I don't try and force myself to like it. There are plenty of other drinks out there.

I love Tequila, Irish Whiskey and Bourbon straight up. I drink Cognac and Brandy as well. Won't touch Scotch with a ten foot pole, tastes like ass to me.
My tastes just change over time. It happens every few years and things I hated before I cant get enough of. The same gos for food. I used to be pretty adventurous with my eating habits growing up, but now i will eat a pigs a$$ if you cook it right. There isnt much I wont try now.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I don't have much experience with scotch but what I've had I have enjoyed. I like scotch pretty much the way I like cigars, after a meal. I've never had them together after dinner but seems like it would be twice as nice.

Rating - 100%
62   0   1
Me, I stopped mixing liquor with anything a long long time ago. I've been drinking bourbon neet or with rocks for about thirty years. Initially, I wasn't a big scotch fan, but some years ago, suddenly it was very good. Not everybody is going to be a scotch fan at any given time. I still don't care for gin, except maybe a Tank and tonic on a really hot day with some lime. What I've never understood is why it is that many people will mix seriously premium liquor with soda pop. It just seems like a waste of good liquor to me, but I could be missing something. In the end, like everybody says, smoke what you like, drink what you like, and everybody goes home happy!