What's new

"Just keep bailing"

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
So we had a wicked storm blow through last night at 8. Knocked the power out for two square miles. Now it wouldn't have been so bad if the back up system I have for the sump pump didn't take a dump at it's moment of stardom. So, I go to the backup plan. The generator that I spent $1200 on for getting sucked into Y2K. Well, as only I would expect, it won't start. Spent an hour trying to no avail. So me and the wife bailed water from 9 last night until 8 this morning. Finally got the generator rockin and they don't know when the power will be back. Another storm is coming thru later.

Nice start to the week.

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Step 1 in any emergency is PROTECT THE STASH!
Them wheels sure would have come in handy if the water started comin in.
All is well thanks. Still no power. This BB Storm is all I got right now.
stupid sump pump taking a dump...is the cabinet ok?

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
happened to me last summer scotty...raw sewage throughout the whole basement. I put in check valves to stop it next time and worked fine last week during outage...lemme know if u wanna get hooked up...

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
We have liftoff. Power is back and a/c is on full tilt.

Thanks all for the well wishes.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
The one I had in Michigan self tested each month and ran for a few minutes Scotty. I would check on that for the future.

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
The same thing happened to me once. Didn't run the Generator for over a year and the Carb got all gunked up. $100 to get cleaned! So I now start it and let it run 10 mins every month. Also use Sta Bil to keep it from gunking up again.

You should have called me. Ever since they put the Hospital in about a mile from the house, we haven't lost power.......Go figure!