What's new

Just ordered a Super Tuck

jasonsbeer

Never Settle
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I've always been a OWB kind of guy.

A friend of mine is having a commitment ceremony in June. I think that's the modern equivalent of a wedding without the marriage. I used this as an excuse to try something new for concealed carry. I should be able to where this to his ceremony, where I need to dress extra nice. I have also been wanting to try something IWB for summer carry, so I don't have to wear such long shirts. This is for a Taurus PT111 G2.

Anyhow, what should I expect? Anybody have one of these? I'm a little chubby, so that might make for a small challenge.

How much bigger do you buy your pants to fit this type of rig?

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Usually one size up is good for IWB.

I've abandoned all "hybrid" holsters for a number of reasons. But they're highly popular, and you'll probably like it just fine.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I carry a full sized M&P9 in one every single day and if I had it all over to do again...I'd still go with the Super Tuck. I love it. After a bit of breaking in, it is by far the most comfortable IWB holster I've used. I don't exactly have a svelte build myself and it's never been an issue.
As has been mentioned, get pants a size larger than you usually wear and you'll be golden. I assume you've already got yourself a decent belt.
Did you go with the cow or horsehide?

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
I've made the switch over to DM Bullard holsters. For me, they are much better for concealed carry, and very well made, he is out of Texas and offers several different styles, including a Texas Style, mostly, I like the Bodyguard and iwb holsters.

Last edited:

jasonsbeer

Never Settle
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Taurus makes some very fine fire arms! Gotta find a ccw holster for one very soon
Taurus does have some historical issues with QC, and I was aware of that going in.

I was down to either the M&P compact or the PT111. Both very similar in physical size. I went with the PT111 because it appeared to be solidly built, no play, nice trigger. I have no regrets. It's a solid pistol. After several hundred rounds, there have been no failures of any kind to this point. The PT111 was also almost $100 cheaper. I used the difference to buy extra magazines and ammo.

jasonsbeer

Never Settle
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I carry a full sized M&P9 in one every single day and if I had it all over to do again...I'd still go with the Super Tuck. I love it. After a bit of breaking in, it is by far the most comfortable IWB holster I've used. I don't exactly have a svelte build myself and it's never been an issue.
As has been mentioned, get pants a size larger than you usually wear and you'll be golden. I assume you've already got yourself a decent belt.
Did you go with the cow or horsehide?
Supertuck, once adjusted and broken in, is a great iwb holster.
Got a good belt already? If not, get one.
I went with the premium cowhide. I have a Hank's CCW belt. Best belt I've owned so far.

jasonsbeer

Never Settle
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I received the holster and put two coats of oil on it to soften the leather a little.

Any recommendations on how soft or stiff the leather should be?

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I received the holster and put two coats of oil on it to soften the leather a little.

Any recommendations on how soft or stiff the leather should be?
Definitely do NOT soften it with oils.
Break it in through use. The oil will very quickly turn your holster into a pile of garbage.

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
I dig my super tuck. Mine lost its retention, but luckily with their lifetime warranty, I just sent it in and got it back a few days later. Super comfortable though. I really like their horsehide belt. A bit expensive, but a good gun belt is so worth it

jasonsbeer

Never Settle
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Wore it for the first time today. I must say, my first impression is very positive. Comfortable to wear and retention is just right.

The instructions said to use leather conditioner on it before use. I never use that stuff, too expensive. That's why I oiled it. I would never oil an OWB or "regular" leather holster.

I expect this will get a lot of use over the summer. Good buy.