What's new

just saved some lifes in a fire

sgresso

Long hair Dork
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Well I was on my way home for lunch when I saw a apt on fire.
I called 911 and told them whats wss going on.
A neighbor came out and told me and another Guy that a old lady lives there and she sleeps most of the day. We decided to go see if we could get her out.
The apt was compleatly engulfed in flames and the door was locked.
We both kicked in the door and saw that she was not home. Thankfully we got all the people out of the surrounding apts.

Well its been a lunch hour to remember and I still am shaking.

I was interveiwed for the local papers and news.
Being in Security and Fire safety I never hesitated to help.
Now that I think about it I never really thought I could have got seriously hurt.

I am glad everything is ok and no one got hurt.
I just wanted to tell you all please check your outlets and make sure they are not overloaded.
It look like she had to many things pluged in and lamp caught the apt on fire.
Just my safety tip today.

I need a cigar now to calm down.

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
No, not a good job... THE RIGHT JOB!

My heart goes out to you Steve. You had an opportunity to do the right thing in life & you COMPLETELY SUCCEEDED. You have shown your merit & willingness to help others in a time of need. An admirable characteristic that I wish & hope more people shared with you. You have my honor, respect & well wishes. Selflessness is a trait I respect above all others.

Kudos to you & remember, it's not wrong to realise you did a good thing here. Pat yourself on the back, smoke your best & be proud of yoursel. I know I am...

pdonlin

aka Tumbleweed
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Good job! I get so sick of the calls from people passing by that think a house was on fire... if you think a house is on fire then take the extra minute to check and make sure everyone is ok!!!!! ARGH it bothers me that some people can't give up a few seconds of their own life to even check to see if a house is really on fire or not, let alone who might be inside.

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Yeah my lunch hour consisted of shipping a package and picking up dry cleaning. Guess who wins the "exciting luch hour" contest.