What's new

Just tried my first cup of French Press Coffee

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like coffee. I'm a Bio student here at Texas and so Coffee makes my day run better. I have been using K-Cups for a while and never really found the right one. I bought a Bodum Chambord 8 Cup press today and a Cuisinart Burr Grinder and now am in Heaven. I'm drinking Katz Bat City Blend right now. Recommendations on Roasts to try would be appreciated.

USCG Cigar Newb

USCG Cigar Newb
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Well to go back to K cups, I would recommend some Carribeu Columbian Coffee K Cups, those are my go to. For variation the Green Mountain wild blueberry coffee is good.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
dude, other preparation methods completely change the profile of coffee, and welcome to THAT slope! love me some french press, and even have a wire mesh filter in the BUNN to simulate the oily mouthfeel and sedimenty goodness. i myself like fuller bodied (and usualy but not always darker roasted) coffees for a french press.

for added fun, get you a pour over set up, which is superlative for bringing clarity to a cup, and my preferred method to try new coffees first. measure everything, it DOES make a difference. like the french press, it is not expensive at all, and gives completely differing results, when you have a little time to invest.

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
K-cups are my daily cup because of convenience and they do taste quite good. However, nothing beats a well prepared French Press cup of joe. I reserve that stuff for the weekends :)

Tnt Cigarguy

BoM Jan 12
Rating - 100%
138   0   0
dude, other preparation methods completely change the profile of coffee, and welcome to THAT slope! love me some french press, and even have a wire mesh filter in the BUNN to simulate the oily mouthfeel and sedimenty goodness. i myself like fuller bodied (and usualy but not always darker roasted) coffees for a french press.

for added fun, get you a pour over set up, which is superlative for bringing clarity to a cup, and my preferred method to try new coffees first. measure everything, it DOES make a difference. like the french press, it is not expensive at all, and gives completely differing results, when you have a little time to invest.
Cant say it any better than he said above.

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Last edited:

Herfin' Harg

BoM March 2012
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
I like coffee. I'm a Bio student here at Texas and so Coffee makes my day run better. I have been using K-Cups for a while and never really found the right one. I bought a Bodum Chambord 8 Cup press today and a Cuisinart Burr Grinder and now am in Heaven. I'm drinking Katz Bat City Blend right now. Recommendations on Roasts to try would be appreciated.
Go down to Ruta Maya on South Congress and pick up some of their Cubita roast. Also, visit the humi while you're in there, if you haven't been already.

thebayratt

Satori's Dad "NTA_Shawn"
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Best cups of coffee I think come from a FP.
I have had mine for a few years and love it. I threw away my Mr Coffee. One day, I'd like to have a Kcup for "im in a rush" cup of coffee. Just the $90+ for the machine is a little out of my budge for now.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0

....:thumbsup:

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
French Press...ahhhhhh. I started this a couple of years ago and never looked back and put my $300 coffee maker in the garage. I keep 2 big FP in the kitchen with all of my coffee toys..strainer, frother and metal cannisters. Quick recipe for foam that's as good as any barrista made foam from expensive makers....microwave 2 ounces of 2% milk for 20 seconds...froth and spoon into your coffee with those $20 milk frothers...add cinnamin and some caramel topping ...heaven!!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The french press is definitely fun. Next step, cold press your coffee for good ice coffee. Just make coffee with a french press and keep it in the fridge overnight.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I prefer pour over and use a Chemex pretty regularly. I like anything from intelligentsia or Ecco cafe. Both of which I can find a Fresh Market.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm just starting to try a French press. How long do you all let the coffee brew before starting to press the filter down?