What's new

Just trying to celebrate

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I have to tell you all this story, it upset me a little yesterday but I am better now after I realized that no matter what people say to me as long as I am happy that’s all that matters.

So yesterday I was at a cigar shop (Coronas) buying some cigars. Something happened yesterday that just made my day and I wanted to celebrate. The first ones I went to were the Padron 1926 (got two maddies). I was going to call it a day, then I decided that two wasn’t going to be good enough to fulfill my happiness. I decided to pick up a Padron 64 natural (haven’t had a natural yet and thought I would try it). Sill not enough, and since I was already spending so much, I pick up two Opus X cigars. Once I got them, I was ready to checkout. At the checkout counter I was trying to think of what else I wanted b/c I didn’t feel like my shopping spree was complete and that’s when I decided to pick up a hand full of Tatuaje cigars (brown and red labels). Pepin has been good this year in MHO and I just couldn’t resist the urge.

Down hill from here. I am at the checkout counter when the guy next in line asks if I have ever had any of the cigars he has picked out. I told him that I haven’t and asked him what he thought of them. He gives me this long drawn out story about there production and taste blah blah blah. If you have ever been at the Corona Cigar store you know that if you spend less than 4 dollars on a cigar it has a good chance ending up being a bad experience (expensive store). Not much in that store that is worth smoking that is less than four dollars. Take for example Gispert it starts at $4.50. This guy had a list of cigars that he was looking for and ended up with two, for a grand total after tax of just under 6 dollars. And it is not like he got small cigars, he had two robustos. Then the guy says what did you get? I tell him Padrons, Opus X, and some Tats… then he shocks me with his next comment. “I can’t believe you are disgracing yourself by smoking a Pepin blend, you seem to have good taste with the Padrons and Opus’s but the Pepins… what are you thinking”. I wanted to dropkick the SOB in the nuts right then and there, I bit my lower lip and said that he is missing out and walked out of the store with a bad taste in my mouth. I was upset all night until I fired one of them bad boys up later that night and had a great hour of smoking.

Well that was my night, it was almost f-ed up by a someone I didn’t even know when all I was trying to do was celebrate a little.

Cigar_Jack

BoM May 05
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I'll admit I've been a bit concerned with some of the Pepin cigars I smoked lately the construction seems a bit subpar. I think he grew too fast and can't keep up with the demand.

But even with the problems I've had his cigars are fantastic and I'll keep smoking them. This is the first time I heard a person trash a Pepin Blended cigar though.

Benzopyrene

BoM June 08
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
hmmmmm, you shoulda drop kicked him, that way the story would have ended a little more interesting!!! J/k, thats weird, Ive never heard anyone say but positive things about most pepin cigars, esp. the tats! Hope you enjoyed the night.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
The issue if that you gave a shit about what someone else thought. The good news is that this can be easily fixed. Stop giving a shit! :grin:

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
The issue if that you gave a shit about what someone else thought. The good news is that this can be easily fixed. Stop giving a shit! :grin:
oh so true,,, at least you figured it out, and it didn't ruin your entire evening! i know a few folk that take it to bed with them, and are even more awnry the following day.

the next time this happens, it gets easier....

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
damn good advice.. thanks David.

I normally just blow stuff off like that but i think he got under my skin with the 10 minute talk about the dog rockets and then the cut on my tastes was the icing on the cake.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm cake