What's new

Just upgraded to Snow Leopard

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
i just did also, no problems as of yet. Going to do my desktop next. Since it is Apple the products are pretty solid.
My only issue thus far has been that I am running 1Password...the current version doesn't run on SL, and the version that is supposedly compatible with SL is still in Beta.

Not a huge problem...I haven't seen the huge boost in speed, but I did gain almost 8-9 in space savings (as advertised).

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'll probably upgrade soon, but I have to say, it's kinda the hallmark of a good OS upgrade to me if nothing really pops out as a change. Little space saved here, little streamline there, that's the way to do it.

Don't get me started on Microsoft's look at releasing a new OS. Good god, Vista... </shudder>

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I'll probably upgrade soon, but I have to say, it's kinda the hallmark of a good OS upgrade to me if nothing really pops out as a change. Little space saved here, little streamline there, that's the way to do it.
Yeah...my understanding is that 10.6 doesn't add a whole lot in terms of new features. I believe the point of the release was to streamline the existing feature set and to reduce the size of the OS footprint.

As long as I'm not running Windows, I'm happy... :grin:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm considering it. Heck for $30 you can't go wrong! That right there is worth the up to 7 gigs of space that you save over Leopard. Plus 64 bit support, and better handling of graphics processors (very much important if you're running a desktop, macbook pro or the new generation of macbook). Funny, I was just on the apple website when I decided "let's see what my brothers are up to tonight" and Steve Jobs followed me to the cigar forum, ha ha ha.

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I'm going to wait to see which applications are incompatible. The only new feature I really want is Cisco-compatibility for the built-in VPN client (Cisco's own software is awful!). That'll be most useful on my company-issued MacBook Pro, though, and it'll probably take a while for our IT folks to certify Snow Leopard as production-ready. I'll upgrade my personal laptop (plain old MacBook) at some point, if only to reclaim some space on the hard disk.

Rating - 100%
104   0   0
Upgraded last night. I think it speeds up things a bit, a lot cleaner and streamlined. The only issue I have, is that I can't print via my Epson, because they haven't released SL drivers yet.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
The only new feature I really want...
The built-in Exchange support is something I like...will be better than using Outlook Web Access through Safari, which is less than a good time...

And isn't it completely logical that Outlook compatibility is now completely native to the Mac OS, but not native to Windows...seems reasonable.

RobustoMoe

No1 CC blanket bomber
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Will get the family pack the day I go to pick my new iMac. We have 5 macs (all Leapoard) so $45 for 5 macs is a bargian. Does it really save on disk space ?

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I'm not gonna upgrade my iMac since I'm selling it in two weeks; I'm just going to buy a new Mac mini with Snow Leopard pre-installed.

I will install it on my octo-core Mac Pro, but I won't probably do that for a few weeks, just to let any showstopping problems with Adobe CS4 and Suitcase creep to the surface--oh and because I'll be on vacation in a week anyways, so no reason to screw things up before I leave. LOL!