What's new

Just when you think its over...

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
To make a long story short for the people who do not already know. April of last year I slipped out of the back of a semi trailer during and ice storm and tore 2 ligaments in my left ankle. The douchery of Work Comp companies today still amazes me. From April to January they dicked me around avoiding surgery until they had no way to deny it. Surgery was done in January. Now today, after the Dr. ordered another MRI to identify why swelling will not go away, we find out I also have a tear in the perennial tendon. This disaster will never end it seems, and living on 1/3 salary has really crippled my family and quality of life.

So now, with another surgery looming the struggle of finding a positive here is pretty tough. Thanks BOTL for giving me an outlet to bitch and semi decent people to converse with in chat on a daily basis

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Stay strong buddy, hopefully this one will be the last and you'll be back to full strength in short order.
In the mean time - vent away. We've all shit at one time or another. The B still stands for Brothers

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
To make a long story short for the people who do not already know. April of last year I slipped out of the back of a semi trailer during and ice storm and tore 2 ligaments in my left ankle. The douchery of Work Comp companies today still amazes me. From April to January they dicked me around avoiding surgery until they had no way to deny it. Surgery was done in January. Now today, after the Dr. ordered another MRI to identify why swelling will not go away, we find out I also have a tear in the perennial tendon. This disaster will never end it seems, and living on 1/3 salary has really crippled my family and quality of life.

So now, with another surgery looming the struggle of finding a positive here is pretty tough. Thanks BOTL for giving me an outlet to bitch and semi decent people to converse with in chat on a daily basis
I hate to hear this. I take it you have sought out a lawyer? I know things have to be tough, but don't let the sumbitches jerk you around. Sounds like they are giving you the runaround while they continue to eat cake. You have the power if you grab it. Make them pay for you attorney, your injury and possible disability. Fork'em!

Just remember this is all temporary and someday it will be life as usual.

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Wow, brother, I'm sorry to hear about this. Having the mindset to work, but having a body that can't do it is nerve racking. I know when I'm down, I spend some quiet time reflecting on everything that I've been blessed with. This usually helps big time. I'm hoping this works out for you and try to persevere, it will work out in the end.