What's new

Jvc Hdtv

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Well my new JVC HDTV lasted approx 4 months before the first major problem. Just got off the phone with the local service place and it will be 7-10 days before the part will arrive ( light engine board ).

This sucks ...

My current picture looks like THIS ...

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
.... humbug. :shame:

Well I just learned something else from the service shop. They have to call JVC and get the repair approved before they can even order any parts ... and that takes about 2 days! I've never heard of such crap.

Nice introduction to the wonderful world of HDTV.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Damn, that's not a good track record if it just quit on ya like that. Hope they get ya back to the high def. world soon!

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I dont have HD but my JVC has given me trouble for years. Set wrong at the factory and been back to the shop each year. Hope your story turns out better dude.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
It's a bit ironic because when I was shopping for HD sets, I narrowed my choices down to JVC and Sony based on the picture quality. Then doing some online research I read many comments about the Sony sets having the same sort of "green blob" issue I'm having now. The JVC owners reported no such problems.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Update: Well, it's going to be at least a couple more weeks before I'm back in the HDTV crowd. The parts to (hopefully) fix my JVC set have been on backorder since April 2 ... and the JVC "customer service" people have no clue when the parts may be available. :disappoin

I guess I should have bought the Sony ...

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Tx - I already have an extended warranty. But right now the set is under the JVC mfg warranty period (1 yr ) and I have to give them a chance to fix it before I can even suggest providing a replacement.

I hope it won't come down to that .... but I don't have a very good feeling right now. I've already read a few stories on the net about people that have been without their sets for 2 months or more waiting on repairs and parts.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Man, that really sucks. I would try to return it for a new one and if they said no I'd give them an ear full. I hate when thing break right after you get them and its just wrong for a company not to provide a replacement for a product they either sell/make that is breaks like yours has.