What's new

Keep Yourself Hydrated

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I've been on some prescription decongestant (sp?) this past week. I started off drinking tons of water with it. Well the past few days have been crazy at work and I haven't been drinking much water. Combined with the heat outside I was getting some headaches. Finally dawned on me I was dehydrated.

So, your public service announcement, drink plenty of fluids. Especially if you are outside and/or drinking liquor.

gui_tarzan

Certifiable
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Rule of thumb when riding motorcycles is once you feel thirsty you're already on your way to dehydration because you don't feel like you're sweating (if you are) because it evaporates so fast from the breeze. Every time you stop for gas or whatever it's advised that you drink at least 16oz of fluid, preferably water or a sport drink.

NYLaw

Still learning...
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I drink a shittload of coffee and RedBulls throughout the work day.

Oh, you said hydrated? I thought we were talking about staying caffeinated. But I think I read recently that, although caffeine dehydrates you, soda and coffee DO count toward hydration.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
First I have to find water that is drinkable in this desert...I try to drink 6 glasses a day and usually fail.:crytears:

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I think the heat is breaking here! Very grateful for even ten degrees less. But it was that east coast humidity that was unbearable..Not the "Dry" heat we usually have.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Yep. Just worked from 7:00 am to 12:30 on refencing the paddock and I tried to drink a lot of water while doing it. By lunchtime I was cramping up.