What's new

Keeping my smokes separate

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dear Ron,

Greetings! New to this forum and to your post to :blob: I've been smoking for about two years now, and I have some questions on storage.

1. Should I keep my Cubans in a totally different humidor than my Dominicans and smokes from Nicaragua? I don't like Honduran tobacco at all so that's not an issue. My current plan was to put the Cubans all by themselves and the Dominicans/Nicaraguans together, however, within the humidor the Dominicans would all be together and the Nicaraguans all together.

2. When purchasing tubos, is it recommended to keep them as tight as possible for long term aging?

3. When storing unopened boxes of cigars, should I leave them as is or take the cello off the boxes that are sealed in it? With boxes that aren't sealed, should I leave them as is or crack the box a little?

Thanks Ron!!!!!

steelcitysmoker

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
1) I like too keep my cigars from different countries seperate from each other. I own 3 cigar cabinets, so obviously it is easy for me to seperate cigars. If you have multiple humidors, do what makes you happy and seperate them. Cant hurt. Then again, there are plenty of smokers out there with just 1 humidor, and I dont recall reading too many opinions that cuban cigars get ruined form storing with a Dominican cigar.

2) As long as your tubos are in a properly humidified humidor, it wont matter if the caps are on tight or are loosened.

3) I have many boxes that are 10+ years old in the original cello. Cello wrap on a box is not airtight. cello on or off, box closed or cracked, it wont matter. Keep your humidor properly humidified, and your cigars will be perfect.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
rethinking the tubo question. I have some old tubos, never touched the cap, and never had any problems. Then again, the potential to have the air in the tube become stale could be a problem. Loosening up the cap might not be a bad idea. This is probably a question that can be asked in one of the cigar rooms. Its always good to get some more opinions based on others experiences.