What's new

Keeping track of my sticks......

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
I’ve got a question for some of you who have established collections.

I have a few new boxes and some singles in my coolidor and some blank cigar bands. What have you found to be the best way to label the boxes and singles so that you can keep track of them?

For instance, do you just mark the dates on the NC boxes for when you buy them? For singles, do you mark the dates you bought them and/or the date received from a bro? I gather that since NC’s don’t generally have production dates on the boxes, I have to just use the purchase date. What systems are any of you using?

I’d like to keep my collection in such a way as to at least have some idea as to how old they are… any suggestions would be appreciated.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'm not by any means an authority here, but it seems like you'd have to go with whatever date you got man. . . if you've got a production date or you can find it out go with that, but if not you gotta go with what you got.

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Pretty much what Jason says. Some vendors, such ERDM (NC), have date codes on their boxes. Others, like the Padron 64's have a date tag in the box. The latter also have s/n's, so you could probably contact Padron and get dates for them. When I gift something, especially a CC, I always include a note with the cigar brand (if unbanded), the stick name and the box code. A lot of high end premiums, such as Hemingway, come without a date so you just have to guess. The blank cigar bands are the ticket for long term tracking if you can get the date information at purchase time.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I label all my singles with the date and source that I received them. My cubans get a date, box code and source. Boxes get a post it note on them.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
For n/c's, I'd just go with the date you bought them. For cubans, if box-codes are available then I'd go with that.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have personally started an access database with my entire inventory and I have a spot in one of the tables that lists Humidor Location... this will allow me to know where it is in the event I get confused :grin:

If you start to get multiple singles from different dates and sources, the blank bands are a must. :grin:

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Shiba said:
I have personally started an access database with my entire inventory and I have a spot in one of the tables that lists Humidor Location... this will allow me to know where it is in the event I get confused :grin:

If you start to get multiple singles from different dates and sources, the blank bands are a must. :grin:
Man, that sounds tedious. Even putting bands on the singles is a pain sometimes. Once the OCD kicks in I have to label them all. :hysterica

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'm downloading that right now. . . I've totally forgotten what I thought about a couple cigars that I've smoked I need something to keep track