What's new

Kenny G. concert.

Shmear

Megan the Great
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Wow. Yesterday, Moro and I went to Kenny G's. concert and let us tell you, it was AMAZING!.

First, when the show was just starting, he came out no further than 2 meters, playing the sax.

He played, Home, Forever in love, Silhouette, Havana and played a few new songs from he's new CD "Rhythm and Romance"... I must say, very, very good played.

Not only that, but he raffled he's sax, well... not just any sax, he designed it him self, and who ever won the contest, he would play a song for them and then give away the sax.

It truly was amazing!

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Quoted for posterity. Schmear, thank you for this gift... :devil:
I certainly do not like the sound of this...

Anyways, the concert was really good, and Kenny G, at the begining, was actually playing at a distance of between 1.6 and 0.9 meters (if I'm not mistaken). Quite spectacular, actually. And a bloody neat percussion solo from a truly gifted bloke, as well (often dueling Kenny during the concert).

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
:grinFU: A'right, I've had it with ye all! :grinFU:

I am one of the few people I know that actually listens to most anything. I mean, sometimes Iron Maiden doesn't do it for me. Or Infected Mushroom gets me a tad to crazy there. So bring it on, I can take it. :smokingbo

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
:grinFU: A'right, I've had it with ye all! :grinFU:

I am one of the few people I know that actually listens to most anything. I mean, sometimes Iron Maiden doesn't do it for me. Or Infected Mushroom gets me a tad to crazy there. So bring it on.
, I can take it. :smokingbo
Do you listen to Menudo? If the answer is "no, because their f'in poseurs" then you know why we're laughing... :grin:

But, and I have my own selfish reasons for wanting to see this thread go on and on, please tell me I'm wrong and that you love Menudo too...

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Do you listen to Menudo? If the answer is "no, because their f'in poseurs" then you know why we're laughing... :grin:

But, and I have my own selfish reasons for wanting to see this thread go on and on, please tell me I'm wrong and that you love Menudo too...
No, I do not, Matt. And I know why ye're laughing; but hey, a treat for the gal is a treat for the gal.

Shmear

Megan the Great
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Yeah, guys... it really wasn't so cool. It actually got me a little mad, to be honest. I grew listening to Kenny G. And the simple fact that Alfonso took me because he knew i loved hes music and it was something very special for me. Mostly because of the reasons why i like Kenny G. It reminds me of when my grandpa (who RIP) used to play the sax, and he dyed when i was young and when he was young, too.

Just....
What ever.
I was just trying to let you guys know that it was special for me.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No, I do not, Matt. And I know why ye're laughing; but hey, a treat for the gal is a treat for the gal.
I was going to say something about a "treat" for you, but I didn't want to be crude with ladies present in the thread.

Was a very nice thing to do for the one you care about.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Yeah, guys... it really wasn't so cool. It actually got me a little mad, to be honest. I grew listening to Kenny G. And the simple fact that Alfonso took me because he knew i loved hes music and it was something very special for me. Mostly because of the reasons why i like Kenny G. It reminds me of when my grandpa (who RIP) used to play the sax, and he dyed when i was young and when he was young, too.

Just....
What ever.
I was just trying to let you guys know that it was special for me.
We're just doing some friendly kidding with you, of course...if it went too far, my bad. I'm sure there's a Kenny G album in one of the many piles on my own desk (it's my wife's though...I swear it :grin: ).

Sorry to hear about your grandfather and it sounds like Alfonso did a very nice thing for you in taking you to the concert.

Shmear

Megan the Great
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
We're just doing some friendly kidding with you, of course...if it went too far, my bad. I'm sure there's a Kenny G album in one of the many piles on my own desk (it's my wife's though...I swear it :grin: ).

Sorry to hear about your grandfather and it sounds like Alfonso did a very nice thing for you in taking you to the concert.
Thank you. I just wanted to straighten that out.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Kenny G? This must be the softer side of BOTL. You go Alphonso:sing: