What's new

Kettlebells

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Any other fans out there? I had been using them for years, but pretty much slacked off any sort of fitness regimen for the last couple years once taking care of my son became a full time job. I was doing a few different pre-made workouts semi regularly (love the Art of Strength series: Providence, Newport, Firepower, & 1200) along with just making up workouts as I felt like it, mixing up exercises and doing ladders or tabatas or whatever. During my slacking off period I gained about 10 pounds, but had a big change in body composition. Lost a fair amount of muscle mass, packed on the fat. About six weeks ago I made a commitment to do Pavel's Enter The Kettlebell workout (which is where my love affair with these things began). Just finished my week six light day workout (modified for a little more challenge) and I'm just loving it! Super fired up to be back into the "swing" of things lol. Already noticing a change in my fitness (besides the workouts themselves, also noticed increased endurance while cycling hard) and gaining some muscle mass back. Might even be slimming down a little, but I can't quite tell. At any rate, I'm just feeling the love. Anyone with me?

D Quintero

Fumador
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
own one 35lbs , great tool to get the stretch / blood flowing throughout shoulders and upper arm . no swings for me

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
own one 35lbs , great tool to get the stretch / blood flowing throughout shoulders and upper arm . no swings for me
I've got a pair of 16kg, one 20kg, and one 12kg. Enough variety to do endurance based stuff, heavy-ish stuff, and light, fun, stretchy stuff. Swings and snatches can be monotonous, sure, but why don't you do them? Anything else you use them for besides stretching/blood flow? Getups, presses, pulls, curls, squats etc?

D Quintero

Fumador
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I use it to help with recovery . my swing arm especially gets burned up enough . this along with hangs on a bar is good stuff

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did KB's for years until the weightlifting bug got me. Unfortunately I haven't picked up my kb's in awhile but when I did, I loved them. V02 Max swings, Tabata, long cycle, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Did KB's for years until the weightlifting bug got me. Unfortunately I haven't picked up my kb's in awhile but when I did, I loved them. V02 Max swings, Tabata, long cycle, etc.

Heck yeah! So many ways to mix it up. I went the other way, I gift into kettlebells after trying to not get bored lifting. Could just never get into it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heck yeah! So many ways to mix it up. I went the other way, I gift into kettlebells after trying to not get bored lifting. Could just never get into it.
I get bored with everything after awhile. KB's got me into most stuff though. Now I basically have a Crossfit gym in my garage with all the stuff I've gotten into Powerlifting, strongman stuff, weightlifting, cf, kb's, etc

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to buy some. My local gym don't have any. Tried making one from a gas can and cement..... I have Indian clubs. A couple gada but I am lacking in the kettle bell Dept.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I lifted 10,581 lbs of kettlebell today. 35.274 lb kettlebell x 75 clean and press reps each side, with one armed rows to match. That's not counting the 150 swings I busted out afterwards in five minutes. Feel like a boss right now.
So I have made some pretty good progress in the last couple months. Moved up from the 16kg kettlebell to 24kg. Been doing a workout called "simple and sinister" since the end of November. Started adding in clean and press reps to work my way towards competing the same 75 reps mentioned above that I did with 16. Did 30 on each side today, and honestly could've probably done more. I really enjoy the idea that at age 41 I'm stronger than I've ever been (with the possible exception (nothing quantifiable to compare) being when I was in AIT at Ft. Bliss). Anywho, if anyone wants to chat kettlebells, hit me up.