What's new

Keurig Coffee Maker-What's your take?

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Thinking about getting the boss lady one of these for Christmas. I have used a couple times at various shops I visit and I think the coffee is great and the cleanup is beautiful.

I don't think the cups are too expensive if you compare the daily amount of coffee we leave in the pot every time.

So, what do you's think? Any info on the cheapest place to get the cups?

Let's hear it.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I work with an older gentleman (fellow cigar smoker as well) who swears by his Keurig Coffee maker. I'm also interested in getting one, so I'd like to hear what others have to say, too.

BGC

Zach
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I ended up going with the Bosch Tassimo. It had some better reviews. The one down side is not every place has the coffee for it because it's newer. That is will change the longer it's out. Right now I'm finding them in Target and Wal-mart. As far as the single cup machine idea, I think it's great no more wasted coffee like others have said.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn't really a coffee drinker until I picked up a middle of the line Keurig about 6 months ago. LOVE IT!!!! Works like a champ, and now I use that thing multiple times a day. No probs whatsoever. I would buy another in an instant. I would recommend that you invest in the water filter (about $17) for the water tank, just to be safe. As for places with a good asortment of K-cups, Bed Bath & Beyond has, by far, the best selection if your looking for a B&M. Otherwise, there are endless places on line to order from.

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
I have had mine for a year and really love it. I am the only one who drinks coffee in the house but my wife makes tea in it. I agree with Bodia Bed,bath and beyond has the biggest selection. As far as cost the usually are the same eveywhere you go.

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Nice, and I have a 20% coupon for one item. Checked it out and it says nothing about Keurig. Woohoo.

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
I use one during the workweek - It's very quick & convenient. The best place I've found for the cups is Target, but all the department stores carry them. The selection isn't fantastic, but it works for early/rushed mornings & no waste. I like the Green Mountain Dark Roast & Newmans Bold!

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
Yea the wife and I love ours. We have had it for 3 years. The K-cups come in 18 ct boxes at BB&B for $10, you can find them online in 24 ct boxes for $12 to $14.
Downside is say if you like Starbucks then you are out of luck. But you can buy the refillable K-Cup and make your own coffe you want. My 2 go to sites for coffee and assories are.
http://www.coffeecow.com/PublicPages/Home.aspx
http://www.coffeeforless.com/home.asp

http://www.coffeecow.com/uploadedimages/CoffeeCowProducts/460_full.jpg

this is the one we have.

Enjoy!

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I think it is great for a quick cup of morning coffee before work. Still use the coffee press on weekends and in the evening.

I get mine at Costco. I think its about $30 for 90 k-cups.
Also, get the "travel" mug size k-cups if you want to brew a large cup.

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
I've had one of these for 5 years. Just gave it to salvation Army, never had a problem with it. Since getting married we drink a whole pot each morning. Costco sells the k-cups as well. My favorite was Green Mountain Sumantra. I also had the seperate kup so you could grind your own.

Dr. Xikar

The Knife Doctor
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
University of Mount Union, Alliance, Ohio
I have a Keurig... I love it.

Got mine from Bed Bath and Beyond (If you register your email online, they send you a 20% off coupon by email). They also sell bulk packs of the coffee at Sams Club (80 "pods") And regular packs (10 pods) at most grocery stores.

Get the Cafe Mocha pods and the Newman's Own Extra Bold. Those are both tasty.

The machines are easy, fast, and clean. Win-Win

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I have a Keurig at my office and one at my house. I generally figure out how much coffee we'll drink over time and then use Amazon's repeating delivery. I think it saves 10 or 15% on the k-cups.

Keurig also has some nice sales on the cups at their online store from time to time.

Rating - 100%
104   0   0
I picked up the Cuisinart Keurig model, after trying one out at the Brooks baby herf.

One of the best things I've ever purchased. It gets daily use making coffee, and the hot water feature is great for cocoa. I also picked mine up at BB&B with a 20% off coupon.

Love it so much that all of the kids are pitching in to get our mother one for Christmas

So far, I'm a big fan of the Emeril bold K cups, and I also use Community Coffee with the "my cup" attachment! :thumbsup:

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My sister-in-law bought me one for Christmas a year or two ago. It's the bottom of the line, and it only holds enough water in the reservoir for a single cup, so you have to fill it each time you want a cup. Despite that, I really like it, and I use it every day.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought a Keurig for my wife for Christmas. We've tried them at friends' houses and I think they are great. The per-cup price is probably a bit high, but you get a lot of convenience for the price. Our problem is that I drink decaf and my wife drinks regular, so this seems like a good solution. We'll see.

Greenhouse