What's new

Kinda skipped this, sorry.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Left a post on one of the threads and was "asked" to jump over here and introduce myself. Should have done that first, but maybe this will make up for it.

I quit smoking pipes in 1977 and haven't touched a thing since. A friend wanted a couple of cigars for his birthday, and while asking lots of questions and trying to pick out something nice, I realized that I'd always wondered what a REAL cigar would be like. So, I bought a Romeo Y Julietta, and was shown how to cut and light it. It took me about a week, but I finally jumped in. It was great, a little scratchy on the throat, but very relaxing. I was hooked.

Having been an academic, I like to read and research things. I did this with cigars, starting with the Idiots Guide, which I enjoyed, and leaned a lot, even if it is dated stuff. And I bought some more cigars. Found I like the AF Hemingway Short Story, but they can be hard to find. I also visited many local cigar stores, and since I live in Tampa, I had quite a few to select from. Ended up buying a box of Short Stories, and many singles. I seem to like most of them, but prefer the maduro and camaroon wrapped cigars to the natural.

This past weekend my wife and I were in North Carolina, and I had to drop in to JR's. Bought a box and a bundle, and some singles. Whoppee, I'm off and running.

Limit myself to one cigar a day. Because of some medical treatments when I was young I have an increased chance of throat cancer. I know I shouldn't smoke at all, but damn I enjoy my one cigar a day.

The boring stuff: I retired from the AF, taught college part-time when I retired and now work for HP. 63 years old and love to ride my motorcycle, especially long distances. Enough for now.

MangoMike
aka Mike Denson
Tampa, FL

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
cvm4 said:
Ya'll are LAME if you don't get together a herf soon :eyepoke:
Guilty as charged already, but I'll still see what can be worked out. :wink:
In fact...I think there might be a perfect opportunity coming up to combine welcoming a new member of the board and meeting an out of town member of the board...

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Not the place to post this, but I am in Orlando May 31 - June 5 for family matters. I am trying to get together Saturday the 3rd in the pm with Jason and would try even harder if more could make it. PM JWrussell or myself if the 3rd looks good and we will start a different thread.