What's new

Kindle

When in doubt, smoke
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Been looking into these for those upcoming summer days in the hammock reading. Nook seems like a better option as it uses the industry wide file format (EPUB), where Amazon went all Apple with the Kindle and uses it's own format and doesn't look to be planning to support the others. Betamax anyone? The Nook while not as good on paper as the Kindle will do the library ebooks and a fair bit of the other file formats and plays nice like the ipads and sony's ereader. Plus the whole hacking the Nook color to be a droid tablet has me thinking. Not the worlds most powerful or will be super great but would open it up more AND it'll run the kindle app. Which would be good since I have a few books I bought from Amazon on my Droid X. One other thing that favors the Nook to me is the batteries are user replaceable. The Kindle, again ala Apple, is a "Send it back an we'll replace it" kind which while not probably ever an issue for the majority. I just hate the thought of having to send it off to have the battery replaced. Seems retarded to me.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
The nook definitely has it's advantages, especially if you are looking at the color and really want something more than just an ereader. Just hope that hammock is in the shade.

When in doubt, smoke
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yeah I know. :-/ Which is why I'd get a regular Nook for outdoor reading and "give" the wife the Nook color since she's been on about getting one. :p