What's new

Kirkland 18 Year Old Speyside Single Malt Scotch

Sin

Living the Dream
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Just wondering if anyone has tried this (Kirkland 18 Year Old Speyside Single Malt Scotch) found at Costco? And if so, what did you think of it?

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Haven't tried it, but I know it's made for Costco by Macallan. (I know, not the kind of reply you wanted.) It seems everyone has heard of this stuff but nobody I know has actually tried it. Also interested to hear from other BOTLs who've actually checked it out.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I have never heard of it, but if it's made by Macallan it cant be to bad, especially being an 18 yr old.

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
I've had it and remembered enjoying it... unfortunately, that's all that I remember.... and I have been tempted to pick up a bottle, but I usually go to Costco on Sundays and alcohol can't be sold that day.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I have had both Kirklands scotches and enjoyed them both, I believe the one made by macallan is the 15 yr tho? May be wrong. I believe the 18 is made by someone else but still very nice and smooth. Usually have at least one of each in the pantry but need to go stock back up.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
My Costco doesn't sell liquor, I guess friggin New York is too good for generic liquor! I really can't wait to move out of here.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I really like the Kirkland vodka and I'm not a huge vodka fan. I think Kirkland has worked hard to associate their brands with quality so I would be surprised if the 18 year was BAD. Maybe not incredible... but I doubt it would be dogwash.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Don't move to pa or oh. Costco doesn't sell liquor there either

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2
Or Colorado :dunno:
I thought Costco in Colorado did? Haven't lived there for years but think the one my mom goes to has a whole liquor store attached to it all part of Costco just spererate entrance to I'd people and stuff. Could be wrong tho, like I said its been years for me.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I have had both Kirklands scotches and enjoyed them both, I believe the one made by macallan is the 15 yr tho? May be wrong. I believe the 18 is made by someone else but still very nice and smooth. Usually have at least one of each in the pantry but need to go stock back up.
The 18 says Macallan on the bottle. The 15 and 18 are both labeled Macallan. The 20yr doesn't have the name, and has "Speyside" instead of Macallan. Some are speculating that they didn't put the Macallan name on it because the finishing changed it enough to make it different than the typical Macallan profile and they didn't want to confuse folks.

As a note, from what I understand, the scotch was distilled by Macallan and sold to private distributors in the 90's for finishing. All of Costo's Kirkland scotches come from Alexander Murray.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
The 18 says Macallan on the bottle. The 15 and 18 are both labeled Macallan. The 20yr doesn't have the name, and has "Speyside" instead of Macallan. Some are speculating that they didn't put the Macallan name on it because the finishing changed it enough to make it different than the typical Macallan profile and they didn't want to confuse folks.

As a note, from what I understand, the scotch was distilled by Macallan and sold to private distributors in the 90's for finishing. All of Costo's Kirkland scotches come from Alexander Murray.
Ah, ok that makes sense and I must have confused the years more than I thought. Thanks for the clarification. Either way the ones I have had were very nice for the price I paid definitely buying
More next time I get a chance to get to Costco.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0

I thought Costco in Colorado did? Haven't lived there for years but think the one my mom goes to has a whole liquor store attached to it all part of Costco just spererate entrance to I'd people and stuff. Could be wrong tho, like I said its been years for me.
One liquor license per establishment per county I believe. So essentially Costco can only sell liquor at certain stores. Luckily the ine near me does. I'll look for their house Scotch my jext trip.

drjammer

No More Elvis Trump
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

One liquor license per establishment per county I believe. So essentially Costco can only sell liquor at certain stores. Luckily the ine near me does. I'll look for their house Scotch my jext trip.
I did not know that. The one we shop at (Westminster) has a liquor store attached but I have only been inside once or twice (I don't drink much anymore) but I will check it out in a few weeks and report back :thumbsup:

Sin

Living the Dream
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Here is a picture of the bottle:
I didn't see Macallan on it, which is why I didn't pick it up right away.

Sin

Living the Dream
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Not bad for $30 but I still enjoy Islays a lot more. Toffee notes mostly here.