What's new

Kitty Litter dust problem

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Alright guys come on. Lets not get into a pissin match here.

We all have different views thats life to make this entire conversation even funnier I actually don't use either KL or HF. I am a silica bead user different from both methods and I use boveda packs too.

Lets me gentlemen about this and end this bickering here. This is just a discussion not an argument.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
You are right...this should be a gentlemans place but I didn't provoke it....and certainly won't ignore it and neither would you if it was directed at you personally. Discussions I've always enjoyed...the pissing match...not so much.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Alright guys come on. Lets not get into a pissin match here.

We all have different views thats life to make this entire conversation even funnier I actually don't use either KL or HF. I am a silica bead user different from both methods and I use boveda packs too.

Lets me gentlemen about this and end this bickering here. This is just a discussion not an argument.

You are right...this should be a gentlemans place but I didn't provoke it....and certainly won't ignore it and neither would you if it was directed at you personally. Discussions I've always enjoyed...the pissing match...not so much.
Cigary sometimes the best retaliation is none at all. I just think you should both walk away and ignore it.

That is my personal opinion. We just want the peace around here and that's all I want. I'm not blaming or point fingers at anyone. Just a brother trying to get along.

I'm fairly new around here Ive been on for a month and a half. I respect all opinion at times I know ppl don't like there opinion being shit on so they get defensive. I am just saying lets squash this and move on. That's all I'm trying to say.

Cheers,
JM

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
I think that comment was completely uncalled for. The post from Cigary was very respectful to both sides and I do not see anywhere that he says kitty litter is the end all - be all. I suggest you re-read what he wrote.

Now if we can just get people like you to stop being an asshole about kitty litter being the OMG END ALL HUMIDITY DEVICE we could move along and use whatever we each prefer.

As has been stated so many times and presumably w/o spreadsheets to determine who has the better luck with medias that help control humidity....we only can tell individual stories as to how it has worked for ourselves and most BOTL will try to encourage others as to what they found. The debate shouldn't even be a debate...it is conversation about medias that tend to work better than others and that's all it is. This goes into more of the conversation as to how silica gel works...what I like about it is that it lasts indefinitely and that is money in my pocket. To the last statement..it is a fact that the user will have to "set" what RH they want but it doesn't take more than a day to do that. A lot of your statements helps clear up a lot of the FAQ's that people have about Kitty Litter and with that info it helps the end user as to what media they want to use.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I think that comment was uncalled for. The post from Cigary was very respectful to both sides and I do not see anywhere that he says kitty litter is the end all - be all. I suggest you re-read what he wrote.

Now if we can just get people like you to stop being an asshole about kitty litter being the OMG END ALL HUMIDITY DEVICE we could move along and use whatever we each prefer.

As has been stated so many times and presumably w/o spreadsheets to determine who has the better luck with medias that help control humidity....we only can tell individual stories as to how it has worked for ourselves and most BOTL will try to encourage others as to what they found. The debate shouldn't even be a debate...it is conversation about medias that tend to work better than others and that's all it is. This goes into more of the conversation as to how silica gel works...what I like about it is that it lasts indefinitely and that is money in my pocket. To the last statement..it is a fact that the user will have to "set" what RH they want but it doesn't take more than a day to do that. A lot of your statements helps clear up a lot of the FAQ's that people have about Kitty Litter and with that info it helps the end user as to what media they want to use.
BD I agree with you but I think It is best that it just gets squashed because it is a meaningless debate.

In the end I agree with what was said in the department of as long as you can reach into your humi pull a stick out and enjoy it without worrying if your gars are being stored properly then use whatever it is you want.

Shit I used a flora sponge for over 3 years I didn't know better till I came on here. Just saying let it be done and we all move forward.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
I think that comment was uncalled for. The post from Cigary was very respectful to both sides and I do not see anywhere that he says kitty litter is the end all - be all. I suggest you re-read what he wrote.

BD I agree with you but I think It is best that it just gets squashed because it is a meaningless debate.

In the end I agree with what was said in the department of as long as you can reach into your humi pull a stick out and enjoy it without worrying if your gars are being stored properly then use whatever it is you want.

Shit I used a flora sponge for over 3 years I didn't know better till I came on here. Just saying let it be done and we all move forward.

Agreed.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Ok good.

So I have never heard of using KL. ok I've heard it I just don't know what types to use and how to go about using it.

Anyone like to fill me in on this?

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11256828

this is probably the brand most commonly used in the US.. carried at most of the major pet store chains, etc..

several threads here on how to use it... do a quick search and youll come up with more information than you need...

or shoot me, rupe, cigary, or someone else that is currently using KL a PM.. and Im sure you'll get hooked up with all the details..

:)