What's new

Knife Sharpening

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I know some of you are into knives and I have a question for you. I finally broke down and bought a good decent workhorse knife, it is a Buck 110. I bought it because as soon as I saw it I realized it was my dad's favorite knife and it had lasted him for years. I have been using a cheap kitchen blade sharpener for it and it has been working well. I want to buy another good sharpening tool though and I am looking for suggestions. I want something that will get it nice and razor sharp.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I've been using the Wusthof Precision Edge 2 Stage Knife Sharpener for years and in my opinion it does a great job. Very easy to use and does a consistent job every time and it's $20.

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
all you need to put a good edge on a knife is medium and fine grit stone and some practice/skill.
+1, I am no expert in this and do not know if there is a better way to sharpening a nice knife, but I used to work with a guy who would use a three sided sharpening stone system, like a triange with fine, medium, and coarse stones on each side. Showed me how to use it and even though I was never as good at it as he was, it seemed to work fine for our work knifes.