What's new

knock knock...wtf!?!

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
It was a great day/ weekend. I think I smoke way too much. Seeing Nicks face was the best. It can not be put into words. Just hanging out together and sharing great stories, great cigars with Better guys. No other way to spend a few days. Nick was none the worse for wear and we all made it home safe.

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
All I can say is wow! I know that yesterdays post was a little scattered but that is pretty much how I felt...abducted with no clue what was happening. So for those that do not know I am leaving Michigan in about 4 weeks to move to Atlanta. Scott and I had been talking back and forth since Thanksgiving and knew that we were going to have to hook up one last time to have a couple smokes before I left. Randomly (to me) Mikey (Mthhurley) texted me and says he will be in town for a client meeting on 2/18 and wants to meet up for a smoke. Luckily (once again only one not in loop) it happened to be on my weekend rotation off and also worked for Scott. So plan was once my wife got back from work to head down (4-4:30) to chill with them. Last deal was Ashley tells me Friday night that my mom is dropping in to hang with kids and some quality time before we move on Saturday at 1030. So mom shows up as planned and about a half hour later there is a knock at the door. Just blown away..."pack a bag and let's go". And that is where the journey began...first stop Jolly Pumpkin Brewery (my favorite) for some amazing food and beer. From there we set off to Jenuwine Cigar for a smoke and some more beverages and some golf in their VIP room. After a good smoke back to Scottys for a night filled with unremarkable cigars, beers that I have only seen pictures of, and some of the best laughs I have ever had! The whole entire day was absolutely amazing and I am still just blown away. For those that do not recognize the names in the first post Scott is Hendy, Jerome is Darkman (flew in from NH), Mikey (Mthhurley), Brent (Barndog), Jere (Kockroach), and Rich (Aquaoldman) all drove in from Chicago all to be here for the night. Also received texts and bombs from Derek (speedbump) and Warren (WB) that just meant so much.

With all of that being said I sit here now typing this up smoking a MF FED 91st maddy (ty dm) and drinking a Zombie Dust (ty Mikey) just thinking and reminiscing on how truly blessed I am. I know I sound like a pussy but the emotional piece hit me today and have found myself tearing up numerous times and staring off thinking about all of the amazing times we have had and the friends that I have made. I mean for people to stop what they are doing and drive and fly hundreds to thousands of miles just to say "good luck" and share a few smokes and stories. Just mind blowing. I know it is has been said before but I have to say again...I love you guys and am just amazingly blessed to have such amazing friends! Thank you! And thank you again to my absolutely amazing wife for helping plan this whole thing...she is just amazing. And I have to say she is a strong woman and is hardly ever brought to tears but meeting you all and seeing all that you have done and listening to the texts and PMs have brought her to tears of happiness and cannot wait to have the fist ATL mass herf! :)

And for those that were not able to catch live chat...here are some of the pics from the night and the ugly mugs that gave me a night I will never forget...

and sorry...bb pics...they blow:)

us at Jenuwine's

the beer gods puked in Hendy's fridge and delivered the greatest tasting event ever

Scotties (still better than a rich pic)

Brent and Jere (and dm and mikey in back)

Richie

Tribute smoke bombed by Rich 07 maddy...amazing. Don you will never be forgotten and loved sharing stories, amazing cigars, and welled up eyes with amazing BOTLs

Part of the bombs from these SOBs...not including the amazing LE beers and several cigars smoked that night! Thank you!

Thank you Derek! Just blown away...

I know this is long winded but I cannot thank you all enough...you are all amazing and I am extremely lucky to have you all as friends!

aquarich

BoM March '11
Rating - 100%
205   0   0
Looks like you covered it all there, Nick!!! I won't soon be forgetting this one!! Glad we were able to pull this off. One last piece of advice, if you ever sleep at the Hendy Hilton, watch out for flying debris!!! :scratchhe

Jadawin

Drew Estate Cigars
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Looks like a hell of a night with some great botls! I love seeing this kind of stuff, really shows what a great community BOTL is!