What's new

Kobe Beef Brisket!

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
That's the sexyist piece of meat I have ever seen.....where do you even acquire a Kobe brisket?
Who would have thought, Saks

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT<>prd_id=845524446495339&CAWELAID=1357951996&cagpspn=pla&site_refer=GGLPRADS001
Damn, nice 500.00$ cut of beef!

We have a market not too far away that sells premium meats and produce.. they always have really nice bison cuts, elk, etc.. and carry kobe as well...

not nearly as much as saks either (thank God!)... you can get a really good cut of kobe there for about $13 a lb... (wagyu... not a japanese kobe)..

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
There was a piece on the news here recently because japanese real Kobe is now legally allowed to be imported again and a steakhouse in manhattan is going to be selling Kobe steaks at i believe 3K a plate. Yeah if its 3K a plate i think i will just buy me a cow and raise it myself.

by the way that looks delicious

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
There was a piece on the news here recently because japanese real Kobe is now legally allowed to be imported again and a steakhouse in manhattan is going to be selling Kobe steaks at i believe 3K a plate. Yeah if its 3K a plate i think i will just buy me a cow and raise it myself.

I got it, all us brothers go in and buy one together (kobe cow) and every few months we will ship it to one another with a nice sampler of sticks.... The BOTL Kobe beef pass is born!!! :razz:

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Great idea. I am so in...

I got it, all us brothers go in and buy one together (kobe cow) and every few months we will ship it to one another with a nice sampler of sticks.... The BOTL Kobe beef pass is born!!! :razz:

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I've had "real" kobe a couple of times when visiting japan (used to travel to Tokyo a couple of times a year.. and "the boss" really liked this old, traditional Geisha themed resturant that served kobe.. so we visited every trip..

I've had Wagyu several times over the years as well (same cow.. same processes to develop the meat.. the cow just doesnt live in Japan.. basically "american" kobe..)..

FWIW I find Wagyu to be every bit as good as kobe.. to the point there I am reasonably certain that if I prepared a japanese kobe cut, and an american "kobe" cut the same way.. that no one would be able to tell the difference..

Considering Wagyu is about 1/5th the cost of Kobe.. (still very expensive by comparrison with angus and other common "premium" options.. but not outrageous like Kobe is..)... thats the route I will continue to go... even if kobe were to become available at a grocery store down the street...

Having leftovers on a sammich for lunch in about 15 minutes....

YUM!

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
The wife had Wagyu in Dubai...a beautiful mouth-watering ribeye for only $85 USD. She saaid it was the best steak she'd ever had.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
That looks like the steakhouse that is in the basement of the JW Marriott in the Deira district in Dubai...

If you ever go back.. look on the right wall, near the top, at the entrance..

my name is up there for beating their "steak challenge" lol.... best 20 oz filet Ive ever eaten... (plus a potato, plus a bottle of wine, plus dessert, plus some other vegetable.. all down in less than 60 minutes)..

I actually had them put "mdwest" on the little brass plate.. :)

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
thanks for the compliments guys....

I'm not worth the damn in the kitchen... but I know my way around a grill ok.. funny.. most of the tricks I have learned over the years.. I picked up on the internet and just did a lot of trial and error along the way.. (doesnt hurt that Im originally from Memphis either.. home of BBQ and outdoor grilling :) ...)

Gotta lot of traveling to do between now and about March/April.. but Im thinking an East TN herf at the mdwest abode might be in order in the spring.. Ill supply the beef, grill, and outdoor patio... everyone else provides the side dishes...

whose in? (I think we have quite a few members in Chattanooga, Knoxville, Tri-Cities, and a few of the smaller towns in the surrounding E TN, KY, VA, GA, area.. )...

Im less than 3 miles from Silo Cigar if anyone needs to refill their travelador on the way into or out of town :)

:)