What's new

Kristoff Maduro Robusto

Katmancross

Katmancross
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
kristoff maduro first choice.jpg

I picked the Kristoff Maduro to review. The stick is Dominican Olor and Cuban seed Nicaraguan. The wrapper is an oily Brazilian Maduro.
kristoff unlit.jpg
Ever have one of those days where everything goes wrong? That's today. I wanted to take photos of the ash and I kept knocking it off into my lap. Trust me, the ash hangs on like a monkey to his coconut.
The stick has a beautiful pig tail and a shaggy foot...although on this one, it looks like a shaggy leg.
I used a chain saw to remove it.
kristoff shaggy foot.jpg
The prelight has just the smallest of hints of coffee.
I felt I was destroying art when I clipped the pig tail off. I buried it in the back yard next to my cat, Liza. She made it to 19.
I said a Jewish prayer but stopped when I realized I was praying over something with the word “pig” in it. So I genuflected and came inside. It's a balmy day in Wisconsin. Only 29 degrees. Like Summer.
Upon light up, I immediately tasted some wood and black licorice. The ads for this stick say it has some spice to it but I only got the faintest of faintest spice.
It's a dead center medium body....right to the end. It never ramps up into near full body.
Makes it easy to smoke it until it's a tattoo on my thumb.
kristoff katie.jpg

If I had a camera instead of a phone camera, you could see that it has a very oily sheen to it. It glistens in the light.
The construction is good and it's a firm stick without any soft spots. It draws perfectly and the burn is perfect. It also burns slowly. Since I was smoking a Robusto, 5.5 x 54, that was a good thing. Took between 45 minutes and an hour to finish it.

The black licorice stays throughout the cigar. The complexity doesn't kick in until half way through. And then the flavors start pouring out of it.
I get a sweet caramel. Some coffee. I also get this black cherry flavor that was totally unexpected. The last half is extremely well balanced.

Lots and lots of smoke emit from the foot. I created a fog for a while.
What little spice that was there in the beginning, fades completely.
But it is replaced with a very nutty taste. Can't identify the nut, but I'm sure someone can.
The last 2” is wonderful. This is what a great cigar should taste like. It never makes me light headed so I can smoke it right to the nub without putting it down. I'm having trouble keeping it in in the ash tray's groove because it's so small.
I purposely held off on smoking the Ligero Maduro until I smoked this one. I highly anticipate putting the cigar down a couple of times with that one.
I don't score cigars because it's highly subjective. But if forced to do it, I'd give it a 90.
krisotff nub.jpg

FireDoc83

Cigar Assassin
Rating - 98.5%
108   1   0
Great review... I just pick one of these up yesterday, Now I am chomping at the bit to smoke it... Thanks

Last edited:

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Thanks for the review brother! I have lots of friends in the LE community, not sure if any of them are part of the Milwaukee crew any more.