What's new

La aurora sapphire

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Been a really long time but if I remember correctly none of the preferidos tubos are bad. They were just always quite expensive and not quite to my flavor profile so I never smoked many.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Wish I could help but am unfamiliar with the name. How about a picture maybe even a review so the rest of us know of we should be On the look out?

ThanX

Herfin' Harg

BoM March 2012
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
IIRC, the Sapphire is the Connecticut wrap variant. It's a good stick, but not my favorite in the line. If you like it, I'd highly recommend finding the full size (Preferido #1) Ecuador/Emerald and giving that a go.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I've never tried any of them, but the Stogie Geeks are nuts over the Ruby one.

Supposed to be able to buy them in a 4-set online sometimes for cheap.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
One of my all time favorite line. La Aurora makes one of the best cigars coming out of the Dominican. I always have some on hand and get them from CigarBid. My personal fave though is a toss up between the Emerald and the Platinum.

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
I need to try some of these... My aversion to perfectos has kept me away. Are there similar blends in other formats? I remember having a really good robusto preferidos a couple years ago, but I can't remember what the blend consisted of.

I think my aversion to prefectos started when I had a few Gurkha perfectos... Still haven't gotten over it.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Smoke it in the morning if possible, on a clean palate!!! It's a good smoke, just mild and kinda subtle, so a clean palate will yield better results. Oh, and take your time with it, this smoke falls into the "relaxing" category :)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The light of sapphire injection like a laser pens light dazzling.

Last edited:

JuYcEmAn

¡Soy un esnob de Fuente!
Rating - 96.9%
37   1   0
Smoke it in the morning if possible, on a clean palate!!! It's a good smoke, just mild and kinda subtle, so a clean palate will yield better results. Oh, and take your time with it, this smoke falls into the "relaxing" category :)
Ha! Nj's right... though I sometimes smoke mine after dinner, on the patio, with a snifter of Frangelico.

I always have a box of the Emerald Tubos in stock. The Emerald is my favorite of the Preferrido line-up. Medium bodied, great subtle flavors, beautiful burn; about an hours smoke.

The Sapphire line is very good as well. Search for deals; be patient. When you see the tubos below $8/stick, grab 'em.

Herfin' Harg

BoM March 2012
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
I need to try some of these... My aversion to perfectos has kept me away. Are there similar blends in other formats? I remember having a really good robusto preferidos a couple years ago, but I can't remember what the blend consisted of.

I think my aversion to prefectos started when I had a few Gurkha perfectos... Still haven't gotten over it.
They make at least a couple of these in robustos (I know for a fact I've seen the emerald/ecuador and the ruby/maduro in robusto), but I didn't like them nearly as well as the perfectos. Robos run about $8 here, if I recall... preferidos #1 are about 13, and the shorter preferidos tubos are about $15.