What's new

La Corona Habana

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, I had been letting this one lie aside in the humidor. A basic 43 by six corona sized stick, cello-wrapped with a pull tab. This can't be a good smoke, right?

WRONG.

As you may know already, I'm a fan of corona-sized sticks. THIS ONE IS AWESOME. A powerful punch up front, for some reason this stick makes me think of leather, and wet horses.

OK, you're going EEEEuuuWWHH... you're not a horseman. Wet horse and wet dog isn't the same thing, believe me.

My bro, J, a former pro rodeo cowboy, will tell you the same. Wet horse is NOT a bad smell...in fact, it's one you learn to love.

And that's what La Corona Habana reminds me of.

A bit of a bite on the tongue from the start, this little Corona asserts itself immmediately. Think black pepper, leather, and again, wet horse.

Then it settles into its role as a full bodied smoke, and stays right there. I'm sorry I didn't take a picture of this unassuming little stick, because here at Cigar Intel, it's a rock solid "1", and I don't give those out often.

Got hair on your knuckles? You won't after trying one of these.

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
What year was this stick from?

I had a 1990 LaC PC that was like aged honey and one from a year later that is exactly as you describe.

smokem94

BoM Sept. 05
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
Roxborough Park CO, Soon to be Wapiti, Wyoming
Great review and I can't agree more on the wet horse smell. I am a team roper and the wife and daughters are barrel racers. There aren't many things as sexy as a good looking women in tight wranglers with the smell of wet horse around! Sounds gross but you have to live it to believe it!

Bruce5

--
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Brought one with me to work today for the ride home.
I believe it is a 97. Been a while since I smoked one.
If I recall, mild to medium bodied with sweeter rather than spicy flavor.
Again it has been a while.
Will smoked this one and throw up a reply.

MoTheMan

A herfin' herf.
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I think you've stumbled on a eral sleeper there dgci.
I have both Corona and PC sizes and I love them both.
OK, so they're not the most attractive to look at. They're mm and cello wrapped, but man, I've never been disappointed by them.
I've seen a lot of people snub their nose at them bacause of their packaging. All I can say is that a true BOTL (LOTL) should be able to trust another BOTL (LOTL) that there might be merit in those sticks. :grin:

Bruce5

--
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Well,
Smoked it, enjoyed.
I could def taste that aged tobacco.
Pretty much as I remember mild to medium... touch of sweetness.
I would recc it as an afternoon smoke.