What's new

La Flor Dominicana Casa de Tobaco Air Bender Maduro

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
They're better than the regular Air Bender IMO, but I prefer the Ligeros and DL's over the Air Benders. Also... these aren't chisels as indicated in your thread title, it is the maduro in the barn. Size is a little bit bigger than a toro.

And Brent, with the barn and 24 sticks they are in the $350 range, but have seen just the single cigars in the $10 range.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
They're better than the regular Air Bender IMO, but I prefer the Ligeros and DL's over the Air Benders. Also... these aren't chisels as indicated in your thread title, it is the maduro in the barn. Size is a little bit bigger than a toro.

And Brent, with the barn and 24 sticks they are in the $350 range, but have seen just the single cigars in the $10 range.
Thanks Mac...corrected!

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
I have a hunch we may see another AB Maddy at some point in a different size ;)

Brent, I wouldn't trust it as a humi at all. Yes it had two humi packs crammed in a little spot but not ideal for a humi.

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0

SuperKrishna

Guyanese Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I got mine from Superior. The humidor is a thicker walled cigar box that you can put boveda's into it. I didn't keep the cigars in there, I put them into 5 finger bags and dropped them in my larger humidor. I bought it mainly for decoration. The intent is to be a talking point when I bring people into the room to give them a cigar. I totally think it was worth it. Plus, the cigars are fantastic.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I got mine from Superior. The humidor is a thicker walled cigar box that you can put boveda's into it. I didn't keep the cigars in there, I put them into 5 finger bags and dropped them in my larger humidor. I bought it mainly for decoration. The intent is to be a talking point when I bring people into the room to give them a cigar. I totally think it was worth it. Plus, the cigars are fantastic.
.............:thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I'd love to have the humidor as a conversation piece. I did get one stick from SuperKrishna that I really enjoyed. If you've got the cash - cool thing to have with very good smokes

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
OKay...post update.
Money being a little tight right now with the wife loosing her job a couple weeks ago, I wasn't sure I wanted to spend the coin on one cigar but the curiousity factor was to much for me so I spent $15 on one of these to test drive.
Results...Mixed.
I liked it but not eneough to pay that much. It was a decent cigar with it's own flavor but for the money I think I'd rather have a Litto Small Batch.
Just thought I'd share.

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
OKay...post update.
Money being a little tight right now with the wife loosing her job a couple weeks ago, I wasn't sure I wanted to spend the coin on one cigar but the curiousity factor was to much for me so I spent $15 on one of these to test drive.
Results...Mixed.
I liked it but not eneough to pay that much. It was a decent cigar with it's own flavor but for the money I think I'd rather have a Litto Small Batch.
Just thought I'd share.
Its an average cigar at Best Tom! Maybe time will work wonders,
I don't know.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Hard to tell from the pic, is it an actual sealing humidor, or just an outer shell for the box?

--edit, nevermind, I found it -- it is a humi, and has a spot to accomodate humipaks
http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/16054
It's a humidor. Has a little compartment at the rear for a Boveda packet. That's what I use. The maduro is better than the regular Bender. Very smooth and has some sweetness. They are huge though, and burn forever in my experience (smoked 4 so far).

Edit: just saw your edit :)

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
OKay...post update.
Results...Mixed.
Just thought I'd share.
Its an average cigar at Best Tom! Maybe time will work wonders,
I don't know.

$15 is quite high for this... The price has gone up from about 8 ea to 9.15, and they are now available without the house (well, you have to buy 1 house and get bundles to restock).

I have to disagree with the "average at best" comment. It's a really nice smoke, very consistent. Between the ones I have had and the feedback from all the customers, this is far from average. We have gone trough 5 or 6 houses, all sold as singles, and almost everyone that smoked one has come back for more.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Also, the humi is not air tight, but if you use a 69% Boveda, it probably keeps them in the mid 60s. I've had no burn issues at all.