What's new

La Flor Dominicana Ligero Cabinet Oscuro

Virgeinadeaux

Virgeinadeaux
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have; as of late become a fan of full flavored and full strength cigars, I find myself searching them out. So I have been researching all the sites, for which cigar could be the ultimate in full flavor and strength.

While looking through the International Cigar site I came across the section called make me an offer, sounded intriguing. I came across this cigar that looked excellent, but looks can fool you, so I did some research on them. They appeared worth taking a chance on.

They where the La Flor Dominicana Ligero Cabinet Oscuro Natural L-250. Long name for a cigar that was less than 5 inches long and only 49 gage. But WTH lets make an offer. In my research I found that their price ran from $145 to$170 for a box of 24. So I put in an offer of $115, and International accepted the offer. It happened so quickly it made me think I might have been able to get them cheaper. No mater they came in today.

I opened the box and the aroma of pepper, sweet tobacco, semi-sweet chocolate, and strong coffee rushed up and smacked me in the nose. And made me like it. I pulled one out and cut it with my trusty Palio. The feel of the cigar was nice silky smooth, and hefty in the hand. It had almost a sheen to the Oscuro wrapper. All the aroma that hit my nose when I opened the box now settled on my palate, with the first dry draw. I was very intrigued with it now so I figured now was the time, time to burn. I couldn’t believe how the aroma intensified with the toasting of the foot.

After lighting the cigar the first draw had a strong blast of pepper, and coffee. The sweet tobacco, chocolate taste was there as well. The finish lingered for a good time. I would like to say there was a hint of some little flavor in there. There were no hints, everything was bold. The flavors stayed that way through the first third of the smoke. Talking about smoke there was thick clouds of white smoke.

On the next third of the cigar it mellowed juuust a little bit. The draw was very good, just right. The ash was holding strongly. The burn was near perfect, at this point there’s nothing to criticize.

The last third of the cigar had all the flavors intensifying again. The finish lingered pleasantly. I enjoyed this cigar from the first dry draw, to putting it down. It was a good 50 to 55 minutes that it lasted.

For those of you how only like mild to medium cigars, stay away! For those of you how like a full body cigar, I recommend this cigar highly with no reservations.

Strength: Full
Flavor: Full
Size: 4.75 X 49
Wrapper: Oscuro

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
Great Review Hoss! LFD Cabinet Oscuro's are one of my favorites too!
Hell really any Cabinet from Litto is good. You did a great Job and caught
them at a good price! Thanks for the insight! :ccool:

Virgeinadeaux

Virgeinadeaux
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
International Cigar; make me an offer, has 23 pages with 10 different types of cigars on each page. It would be worth looking up.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
These LFDs are one of my favorites!! L-300 is the size I smoke.. Excellent line of smokes...When time does not allow...... Canajos oscuro gives a great 10-15 min smoke

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Nice review! I haven't had that exact size, but the L-300 and L-400 oscuros are great.

I agree that the LFD Oscuros have something unique about them ... that smell is something all it's own that I haven't experienced with another oscuro. It's almost sickeningly sweet (not that it makes you sick to smoke it, just the smell of the wrapper). I wonder if that's from the way they cook the wrapper or what ... no idea. But I do like them.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the whole line with the Cabinet 300 being my favorite. Incredible wrapper on this line.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Excellant review my friend, my feelings exactly.

I started with the DL Chisel Maduro but I really love the DL Cameroon Lancero.

aquarich

BoM March '11
Rating - 100%
205   0   0
I am a self-proclaimed Litto whore. I will buy and try anything he makes. The Small Batch 2 is my favorite. :cbig:

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
My local B&M carry the whole Cabinet line and it's always the first cigar I grab. For me, Litto Whole is an understatement.