What's new

La Gloria Cubana Belux No. 1 RE

Rating - 100%
153   0   0
Been wanting to smoke one of these for quite some time and with the Arizona weather cooled down to a chilly 94 degrees with a nice monsoon breeze I decided tonight was a good night.
2011, 3500 10 ct. boxes released
5.5 x 52 SOE OCT 2011 box # 2461

FIRST THIRD:
Draw is a bit looser than I like and in hindsight I should of probably punch cut it. Initial flavors are sweet tea and a faint floral undertone. Definitely starting out in the mild range, but great flavors.

SECOND THIRD:
Moves into a solid medium, the ash is light gray and falls off after an inch and a half. Floral note and sweet tea disappear to reveal graham cracker, almonds, and honey. The after taste is sweet cream with a nice tingle on the retrohale. Burn line is straight and no touch ups are required. Flavors are very complex and the cigar is perfect.

FINAL THIRD:
What comes to mind is a Smore cooked over a campfire. Bit of chocolate, graham cracker, and fire toasted marshmallow. Everything about the finish of this cigar is perfect.

CLOSING:
Easily the best cigar I’ve had all month and quite possibly the best this year. Can’t imagine these will get any better with age as its perfect right now. My box will not stay around long enough to find out what age will do to these and if I could find another box it would be a no brainer to pick it up.

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
Wow, those looking beautiful. Glad it was so good for you, these RE's can be so disappointing.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Haha I'm always around...just lurking in the background. From the review it sounds as if whatever may have been wrong has definitely been righted :)

Take 'er easy Mike