Vitola: La Gloria Cubana Medaille d’Or No.4 : Habanos

Size: 6”

Ring Gauge: 32

Cut: punch

Food Pairing: Mixed Nuts

Drink Pairing: Dr Pepper

Box Code: ETP Sept 16

First Third

Light the cigar by toasting the end and blowing on it.

This is the second of this vitola that I have enjoyed.

Initial puffs put me right in the Cuban state of mind - gotta love it. The Cuban flavor gets my heart beating. Right off the bat I am tasting tobacco, leather, and cream.

Draw seems a bit tight but I have experienced this before with this cigar before. There seems to be a consistent plug or tightness about an inch from the cap.

Had to relight - taste is still spot on. Exactly what one would expect from a good Cuban cigar.

Second Third

Cigar aroma has notes of cedar and vanilla bourbon.

Finally massaged out the plug/tightness. Draw is now much easier and smoke volume has increased. Flavors are staying much the same, but getting stronger leather flavors on the back of the palate.

Final Third & Final Thoughts

Final third is giving up on the spice and is bringing on some spice. This is a nice change from the cream and vanilla.

Another relight and still the same great Cuban taste.

Overall this is a great cigar. I see this going well as an early morning smoke with a nice Early Grey tea.

Overall Rating

7/10

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

shadowcam

BoM April '14
Rating - 100%
262   0   0
In my top 10 habanos for sure. Great draw every time for a vitola that you would think it would have consistency problems (At least for me). They smoke great fresh and I love the floral notes.