What's new

La Gloria Event! My experience.

Benzopyrene

BoM June 08
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
So the other night there was a La Gloria Cubana rolling event at my local B&M, actually its been going on for a couple of daysall over the city...Anyway, I showed up at this think Opus A and all ready for a long night of smoking ahead of me.

Then one of my buddies at the shope asks me if I would be the photographer for them for the event since I had my DSLR with me, so naturally I said of course, ad he said they would pay me in cigars. I told him that wouldnt be necessary, but he insisted and I finally gave in. So the night went great, I met a lot of new people and talked to the rollers Leo and Jose as well as the Rep Trenton who was telling me about how they are going to stop rolling regular production la gloria lines in Miami this year and that they are making a new cigar with a new revamped band. He showed me the cigar and it actually looked pretty nice. Here it is:

Papa Leo!!

Jose teaching!

About halfway through the evening one of my friends up at the cigar shop walks up to me and hands me a cigar and says "I know you've been looking for this, so here ya go." when I look down at the cigar I see this beautiful Avo 75th anniversary cigar. It has been on my top five cigars to try for quite sometime and I just havent been able to get a hold of it. Well, that made my night, but wait its not over. Before the night ended my friend working at the shop told me to go pick out a cigar so I walk in and wander and my ears come upon a freshly opened box of Davidoff millenium blend lanceros. He says to me, "We just got them in today, you want one?" I was like heck ya! So, he hooked me up.

Then I went out and it was time for me to roll my cigar. Since I had attended the last two nights events at other shops I figured it would be a piece of cake, well of course I bothed it and Jose had to help me flip the leaf over and start over, but this time around I rolled a really nice looking cigar. So, I put the cigar into the contest for the best rolled cigar, which by the way the winner of gets a box of La Gloria's signed by the La gloria guru himself Ernesto Perez-Carillo. So I continue through the night taking pictures, smoking my Opus, eating whatever I can get my hands on and talking to my friends. Then Jose and Leo start sorting through the cigars to find the best one. You guys know where this is headed now huh.

Well, I won the contest and I won this box of cigars, so basically I show up at an event dont smoke the featured cigar, I get a free one though, then I get two free sticks from my friends, and on top of that I win a box of cigars, and I didnt buy a single thing. Id say all in all it was a pretty good night and I made away like a bandit! It as definately a blast though and I just thought Id share this with you all! Cheers!

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
Congrats. That is awesome. Nice looking smoke you rolled also.

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Sounds like a great night! Congratulations on winning the contest; that cigar you rolled looks great. Are you going to smoke it, or just keep it as a trophy?

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Awesome experience...I've never been to an event like that. West MI really lacks that kind of environment!

Truly awesome, congrats on the win!!