La Historia by EP Carrillo

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
La Historia by EP Carrillo

Size: Don Elena (TORO)
Strength Medium-Full
Wrapper: Manduro, San Andres
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
This cigar came as a gift from my Sister for Christmas. It was recommended to her by a local B&M after she shared with them what cigars I had in my Favorites Drawer. I let the cigar rest for a month before lighting it up. I ended up pairing it with a Gentlemen’s Jack with a splash of Coke.

First impressions: The La Historia had a very nice open draw. Upon lighter her up, I picked up a very sweet flavor right from the beginning. I was a little concerned that this cigar might be “more Full Flavored” than I preferbut it settled into after a few minutes to more “Medium Body”. It wasn’t long before I detected a nice hint of pepper start to appear.

About 1/3 into this cigar and the pepper flavor began to fade, giving way to a more creamy smooth flavor followed by a subtle sweet aftertaste.

At the Halfway mark, I was impressed by the construction of the cigar, I don’t make an effort to maintain any type of an ash, so when I notice my ash is 1 ½ inces or longer, I take that as a sign of a well-constructed cigar (but I could be wrong). The burn did start to go a little uneven, but it corrected itself without any intervention on my part. At that halfway point, I no longer detected any sweetness. The La Historia continued to deliver a “mellow creamy” flavor with the pepper starting to become more pronounced again.

At the 2/3 mark, this cigar continued to present itself as what I would refer to as a smooth Cigar, but has become much more peppery. At this stage of the smoke, I was reminded of the pepper flavor of a La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amore, which it should be noted is one my favorite “go to” cigars.

The La Historia finished Strong, Smooth and Very Peppery. Not wanting this cigar to end, I enjoyed this cigar to the very last draw.

Final thoughts…. I really enjoyed this cigar. The folks at the B&M really nailed this recommendation. I’ve since made room in my “favorites” drawer for the La Historia.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
While I've smoked the brand before this particular cigar isn't one of them. There are so many different cigars on the market that it's hard for me to get out of my 25 cigar rotation but when I read reviews like this I get curious...might have to look for 3 of them to buy and smoke at different times. I like that you gave the info as to how long it was in your humidor as I smoke 'new' cigars at different increments of time...1st one at a month...2nd after 3 months and 3rd one around 6 months.

Rating - 100%
165   0   0
I've had several of these, and I feel they are a very good cigar. They don't burn well, but the flavor given off is really good.

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
I've had several of these, and I feel they are a very good cigar. They don't burn well, but the flavor given off is really good.
I agree that contruction is not thier best feature. I amost always (although not with this one) need a relight them at the 2/3s mark. But the flavor more than makes up for it.

Rating - 100%
101   0   0

Total smoke time:1hr 20min
Suggestions: cut do not wedge or punch my personal preference is to wedge ran into wraper difficulty because of this.
Pre light: def oily leather
Cool draw: not much going on here
1rst 1/3: intense pepper upon lighting present throughout entire smoke but does dissipate and cools as you smoke.
2nd 1/3: strange herbal sweetness along with some cinnamon.
Last 1/3: had some minor uneven burn problems still leather presents herbal sweetness has gone.
Overall:90

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice review. I've had 5 of the Carrillos via samplers and have loved all of them, putting Carrillo in my top 3 brands (with La Gloria and Punch). However, I've yet to try the La Historia mainly because my main online vendors don't include them in any of their samplers. Just yesterday I stumbled on a different online site that sells a $48 sampler that includes 2 La Historias as part of a 10-cigar sampler...SOLD! I expect them to arrive next week, but since I enforce a strict 2-week rest period, it'll be early-December before i can report back.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Nice review. I've had 5 of the Carrillos via samplers and have loved all of them, putting Carrillo in my top 3 brands (with La Gloria and Punch). However, I've yet to try the La Historia mainly because my main online vendors don't include them in any of their samplers. Just yesterday I stumbled on a different online site that sells a $48 sampler that includes 2 La Historias as part of a 10-cigar sampler...SOLD! I expect them to arrive next week, but since I enforce a strict 2-week rest period, it'll be early-December before i can report back.
Care to share the name of that online seller? I would like to pick up that sampler by the sounds of it (sorry, I can't PM either because the site doesn't allow it or I don't have the privilege and tapatalk doesn't tell me why).

Sam

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Care to share the name of that online seller? I would like to pick up that sampler by the sounds of it (sorry, I can't PM either because the site doesn't allow it or I don't have the privilege and tapatalk doesn't tell me why).

Sam
You don't have enough posts yet brother...I think you need 30 before the other stuff opens up. (y)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sam
I wasn't sure naming specific purveyors was allowed, but I've since seen some mentioned by name. The sampler's available at Mike's Cigars.