What's new

La Sirena: DPG?

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Anyone know how much input/influence DPG had on the La Sirena? I've been looking for some info on it, and haven't come up with anything really definitive. I had my first once last night ("divine") and loved it.

On a side note, can anyone recommend sticks that DON'T involve DPG, but are peppery? I'm starting to think that everything I like either comes from DPG, JdN, or is a Liga Privada... anyway, if you all could just chime in with some names, I'd appreciate it so I can make a "shopping list."

Cheers Brothers!

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Man o' War Puro Authentico is cheap and loaded with spice and pepper.

I believe these are made by A.J. Fernandez.

Dread

I sell cigars
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Oliva comes to my mind
Interesting suggestion, cant say Ive ever had an Oliva that I ever really found to be peppery.

A company that is still flying under the radar that has a very peppery/spicy cigar is Hispanoila. Their Tres Carabelos is quite spicy and a very very good cigar. Not too kind on the wallet though.

Coop

Fight
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting suggestion, cant say Ive ever had an Oliva that I ever really found to be peppery.

A company that is still flying under the radar that has a very peppery/spicy cigar is Hispanoila. Their Tres Carabelos is quite spicy and a very very good cigar. Not too kind on the wallet though.
I find the Serie V to be spicy and nice and strong

BrandonP

Cigar King Scottsdale
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Serie V definitely has some spice, but I don't take it as a black pepper kind of spice like the DPG stuff typically has. I'm not exactly sure what kind of spice it is, but it is definitely different. And I love Serie V, smoke 2-3 a week usually.

For something different with spice I would try the J. Fuego Sangre del Toro. Nice flavors with the spice you are looking for, med-full and has a great price point.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Henry Clays are an overlooked, peppery smoke. Kind on the wallet too :thumbsup:.

Dan
I'd second this recommendation!

I haven't had one in quite some time, but I did used to smoke a lot of these. They were always a great smoke at a great price. I'm going to have to revisit these.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
La Sirena is distributed by a company called Miami Cigars. They distribute Nestor Miranda, La Aurora, Guillermo Leon, Tatiana and some other stuff. Hope that at least helps with some explanation.

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
If you want a lot of spice at a good price, I would try the Curivari, El Gran Rey. It has amazing pepper & strength.