What's new

Laid Off

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Well, we knew it was inevitable and today was the day.

The wife and I just got laid off from work effective Friday, January 12th.

We moved out to Nebraska on a contract with another defense contractor. Rachel was initially working on the contract and I was to follow soon after.

Well, some issues arose with the fact that our company is foreign owned and the government, US STRATCOM to be specific, decided, after we moved out here and Rachel was working on-site for two months, that they did not want to sign the necessary paperwork to keep our company on the contract.

A stop work was issued on 12/20 and her last day was 12/27.

Today our manager flew out here to discuss our benefits and to let us go as a reduction in force.

The "Nebraska, the good life" Herf is still on.

I will still be going to NJ for the Tri-State Herf.

Everything is going to be just fine...we had to update our resumes in order to win the contract. :wink:

I just wanted to let everyone know and ask that you keep us in your thoughts, prayers too if you do that. :thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Well that sucks Todd those fuggers!!! I for one hope you come back to the mid Atlantic region. Best to you, Rachel, Gwen, and Mini-Me. (Edit, prayers and thoughts as requested of course)

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Sounds like you relied on their offer - doesn't seem they should be able to "not sign" from a legal perspective - however you may have reasons for not "going there" - I remember being out of job as a lawyer - though it couldn't happen to a lawyer - it turned out for the better - almost always does - enjoying cigars really helped - glad to here the herf is still on,

best

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
You got it brother. Todd have been through this twice in my life. While tramatic, its not the end of the world. I know your looking at some options. If you do not get placement help and need search tips, I can dig up some stuff from Right Associates, a major outplacement firm.

Let me know.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Ouch ... a double whammy! That is definately the big downside of having both of you working for the same employer. Sorry to hear this Todd. I hope you both can find good jobs soon.

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Buddy, that sucks donkey balls. I'm so sorry to hear it when stuff like this happens to good people. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Damn, sorry this happened to y'all. Kinda ugly situation, too, what with the move and all.

Things will work out--they always do. Here's hoping that they work out sooner rather than later!

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Damn, sorry to hear that Todd & Rach.

I know things will work out. Strap on those boots and get those resumes out there!

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
As others said, things tend to work out. Oh...and I hear Tampa's a good place for Defense type work if you have to move. :wink:

Hiya Rachel.

smokem94

BoM Sept. 05
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
Roxborough Park CO, Soon to be Wapiti, Wyoming
Everything is gonna be alright:facerub:
It always seems to work out for us so lets hope our luck continues...
Things always seem to happen for a reason, and my thoughts and prayers will be for you guys. The good thing is, that in this country, anyone who wants to work will find a good job no problem.
I admire yours and Todd's positive attitudes!

All my best!!