What's new

Lancero February 2016

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Drew Estate BOTL.org 2012 Lancero - It's been a couple weeks since I had a lancero. This is an exceptional cigar, still! And probably the best lancero construction wise I've ever had, no worries of it going out!

Sent from my SM-G900K using Tapatalk
Super jelly. Hope there's another BOTL stick in the works.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I believe this is something that started up for fun in the month of February. Someone mentioned maybe doing a different vitola in a different month as well. If you have any lanceros to smoke in the humi, jump right in and post up a pic!!
Closest I have is a 7x46 which was considered a double corona, I'll schedule that in for my Sunday smoke and report back in. I always stayed away from lanceros when ordering, mostly out of ignorance in thinking they just weren't for me, but after reading up about their flavor profiles and how the flavors come more from the wrapper, I'll definitely be picking up a single or two on my next order.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Closest I have is a 7x46 which was considered a double corona, I'll schedule that in for my Sunday smoke and report back in. I always stayed away from lanceros when ordering, mostly out of ignorance in thinking they just weren't for me, but after reading up about their flavor profiles and how the flavors come more from the wrapper, I'll definitely be picking up a single or two on my next order.
I never picked up (or heard of) a lancero cigar until I joined here. I've smoked a few and they definitely have different flavor profiles. I enjoyed the ones I smoked.

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Homerolled Habano semi-puro. Nica Habano seco filler, Dominican binder, and Ecuadorian Habano wrapper. Something so simple shouldn't be so good...
That nic habano really does smoke nicely by itself. And the Dom binder seems to let any wrapper go great with it. Definitely reminds you that you don't have to overcomplicate a blend.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Lancero XXVII: Tatuaje El Triunfador

Super peppery from the start. It mellowed, but reappeared in the second third as well. Lots of coffee and black earth. The pepper did get strong enough to give me that feeling of heartburn in the back of my throat a couple times. Had to dock points for that.
Official grade: B

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Lancero XXIX: PDR 1878 Capa Oscuro

Cool looking cigar with a pigtail and closed foot. Very veiny which may have contributed to a weird draw. First 2 thirds were kinda meh. Last one was more interesting, but not great.
Official grade: C+