What's new

Lancero: undesirable size?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it just me or is the lancero the least popular of all the cigar sizes? Is it just the way it looks when you're smoking it, or is it the smoke itself?

I find when I smoke a lancero, the flavor is usually a lot more concentrated than when I smoke a cigar with a larger ring gauge. What are your thoughts?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Lancero's are my favorite vitola by far.

I think it's just the stupid macho trend of the larger RG's going around that makes the Lance a little underrated right now.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Lancero's are my favorite vitola by far.

I think it's just the stupid macho trend of the larger RG's going around that makes the Lance a little underrated right now.
Exactly. People want the donkey dick smokes cause it looks "manly". Thank you movie stars...

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
I think you'll find a lot of people here love or at least like lanceros. But then we are not representative of your "typical" cigar smoker.

Dan

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Is it just me or is the lancero the least popular of all the cigar sizes? Is it just the way it looks when you're smoking it, or is it the smoke itself?

I find when I smoke a lancero, the flavor is usually a lot more concentrated than when I smoke a cigar with a larger ring gauge. What are your thoughts?
just to clarify, you feel that lanceros are unpopular in the market at large, but love them yourself for the brightness of flavors? if so, then yeah, pretty much.

like dan said, we are at the far edge of a bell curve, with the opposite edge being someone who smokes one cigar a year when at a wedding or what not. the median point goes for the supersize motif in droves, unfortunately. but, for a novice, large RG are easy: they burn forever with little burn maintenance or pacing issues, and the diluted favors can be seen as a plus ("I don't want my coffee TOO strong, thanks.". blech!). there are fewer people buying smaller ring smokes, and they seem harder to make well, so gone is the corona and lancero, and the 46rg corona gorda becomes the 54rg toro. woo. o(

you like, them, you are amongst friends here! just keep buying them, cash talks, and teach people how good a smaller ring can be whenever possible!

(sent while burning a SLR PC, 5x42)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just to clarify, you feel that lanceros are unpopular in the market at large, but love them yourself for the brightness of flavors? if so, then yeah, pretty much.

like dan said, we are at the far edge of a bell curve, with the opposite edge being someone who smokes one cigar a year when at a wedding or what not. the median point goes for the supersize motif in droves, unfortunately. but, for a novice, large RG are easy: they burn forever with little burn maintenance or pacing issues, and the diluted favors can be seen as a plus ("I don't want my coffee TOO strong, thanks.". blech!). there are fewer people buying smaller ring smokes, and they seem harder to make well, so gone is the corona and lancero, and the 46rg corona gorda becomes the 54rg toro. woo. o(

you like, them, you are amongst friends here! just keep buying them, cash talks, and teach people how good a smaller ring can be whenever possible!

(sent while burning a SLR PC, 5x42)
To clarify, I absolutely love the lancero size. In fact, you'll notice a black label lancero in my profile pic.

Having said that, it's reassuring to know the friends in this forum share my feelings towards this size.

Crypto Sailor

Loose Lips Sink Ships
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
I love lancero and wish every cigar mfg would make at least 1 lancero in every line they produce. And out of all lanceros I've smoked (outside of a really old Cuban Davidoff) the El Triunfador is my favorite. I've got a Lost City Lancero from Casa I'm going to smoke when my son/daughter is born and hope like hell it's great!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk