What's new

Land Rover guys?

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
hey ya'll,
starting my new job on May 12th and the wife and i decided that we needed a second vehicle so i found a 2001 Land Rover discovery 2 SE7, 140K miles, all leather, heated seats, power everything, full time 4WD, etc etc. NADA on it was 4800, talked the guy down to 3600 and I'm supposed to pick it up tomorrow. so the point of this post is to see of there are any other fans of LR on here and of course eventually get some help as all things need maintenance and repairs. Thanks again BOTLs!

-Matt

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
i have heard that they can be a little high on the maintenance when something goes out, due to being foreign and all. but it doesn't seem to have any more problems than jeeps or trucks (chevy, dodge, ford) really just need this to last a couple years while the wife and i get a house closer to work. I'm just not familiar with the inner workings like i am with say an old chevy with a 350 in it LOL.

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I've always loved rovers there beautiful, touch of luxury, the go anywhere aspect. But you have to remember even though your getting it for a Chevy price its going to be rover prices to fix and maintain. Rovers reliability is in the toilet. Your going to suffer a lot of pain and agony and cut deeply into your cigar budget. Watch out for blown head gaskets when checking it out. There are some interesting articles about rover on jalopnik. They are cool cars though. If I could have one for a third vehicle weekend car and have the extra cash for repairs I would be all over it. Post some pics when you het her home!

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
its currently pissing rain down on us here in N. Utah, but as soon as i get a sunny day ill get some pics in this thread. Thank ya'll for your opinions and support. i took her down to the local auto shop and had them inspect her stem to stern and everything is in good shape except the front brakes and rotors and the passenger tie rod. so going to get those fixed but they said everything else is in great shape! I'm hoping she lasts a good long while, and if i can find another one for parts I'm going to build a new engine with the improvements that i got from Disco mike on the LR forum.