What's new

Las Calaveras..........

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a couple that were fantastic but most I've had fall into the good category. The flavor profile doesn't hit my palate every time but I know many who love everything about this stick and don't hesitate to pay the asking.

Crowned heads best to me are the JD Howard and Jericho Hill...though not a surpise as these cigars use my two favorite wrappers (Brazilian Arapiraca and San Andres).

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Had my first one yesterday and really enjoyed it. Around here, $10 would be at the higher end of what I'd be willing to pay for it but, yes, I would still be willing to pay $10 for it.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Turned onto these cigars from this forum, so thanks. I enjoy the cigar, not my favorite, not the best, not the worst. Bottom line is it worth $10 to you? I've had $20 sticks that were not as good and $6 sticks that I enjoyed more. I think a lot of the smaller mfgs sticks are priced at $10 and it's what B&M need to charge to keep their doors open.

Zedman05

Fiend4theLeaf
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
It's one of my favorite cigars released in 2014.
I agree whole-heartedly. I smoked one, then immediately searched out a box of Robustos and Toros recently, which isn't the easiest now as they are getting harder to find. I have never bought 2 boxes immediately before, I thought these are that good, and CAN'T WAIT to let them sit for a year at least to dry out and then round the edges off a bit. I think they have the potential to be epic cigars.
I personally enjoyed the fact that they didn't have a big "kick", as that is not what I am looking for. I want something very full bodied, without that nicotine hit to crush my enjoyment. I want to enjoy the flavors of a cigar that coats my mouth without having to deal with a naucious feeling in the background.

Rating - 92.3%
13   1   0
You know, these just don't do anything for me, and in all fairness, my opinion of CH aside...
Which is basically that didn't like 4K and JD at all, and thought HG was just OK.
Though it's obvious the smokes are quality, so was/am open to trying their future offerings...
So I tried these with a VERY open mind when they first came out...

There hasn't been a Pepin made stick I didn't think was at the very least, a good bit above average.
Be that his brand names or *all* the others that bear someone elses name.
So when I heard the LC was a MF creation, I thought, fuck it, grab a box, it will be worth it.
Granted I've only been buying by the box for 2 years, but this was the most disappointed I've been with a box purchase.

I don't think they are *bad*. I just don't think they are great, or even very good.
They are just OK to me. I smoked about 8 of them, each time hoping I would understand what everyone is raving about..
But they never do much for me....

I seem like I am the only person with this opinion though...
Maybe my palate just doesn't agree with JH or whomever does majority the CH blending,
as I hadn't had a Carrillo stick I didn't *LOVE* until the Four Kicks came out,
should have thought back to that when I bought a box blindly based solely on Pepin's name!

I'll revisit one more when theyve been sitting for a few more months before I give up on them i guess...
And hope I have better luck with the Jericho Hill, but I learned my lesson, the 4pack sampler will be the most ill buy if I don't buy a single or two!

Chances are I'll have half a box for sale shortly, so more for you guys!