What's new

Last Night's Smokes

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Last night was my weekly ritual of going out for drinks and some cigars with the guys. It was a nice night and I lit a Nub Cameroon as I walked to the bar. The cigar started off okay, though a bit mild for my tastes. Had some cedar notes with a nutty flavor that was quite good, but mild. After the first several puffs though I started to get a harsh bitter taste. I let it rest for a while and it went away for a little while, but then came back. I love the Nub Maduro and the Habano is a good smoke too, but the Cameroon was not to my liking. I ended up letting the cigar die out about half way through. So next I lit a CAO Mx2. This is a smoke I've been looking forward to having and thanks to a generous BOTL I had the opportunity. I wish I could say I enjoyed this smoke, but I had some issues with it. It had a pleasant rich tobacco taste with a slightly sweet finish that I liked, but I could not keep it lit. After the first 1/3 it started to tunnel and when I started trying to touch it up it kept going out. Finally I got frustrated and gave up on that one two. So far I was 0 for 2, pretty depressing :cryloud:. So I reached into my stash and pulled out a good ol' Padron 2000 maduro. Thank God for that Padron, it saved my evening :ccowboy:!

Dan

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Dan... Sorry I missed you guys, last night. I was wanting to make it down, just had to deal with some stuff before I could make it. I was pretty tired, but still went out later (after you all left the bar) and tried to smoke a cigar on the back porch. Horrible experience, too! It was a 5 Vegas Gold.

That stinks about your first two cigars! I think one of the Mx2's I've had tunnelled badly! But really enjoyed the others I've had.

You can always count on Padron!!

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Sorry to hear about the two at just didn't measure up Dan, but thank Jorge for that Padron 2000 Maddie!

That cigar will also age wonderfully my friend!

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Yup..not a Nub fan. Just can't seem to smoke it comfortably enough.
The MX2 are very good but should be dryboxed for a few days.
Padron will save anybody's evening!!!
Glad it turned it around for you. I had a AF maduro. Not sure what it called but it has the pinched tip on it. Anyways it's all I had on me and I never smoked one before. I didn't really care for it so I should have been smart like you and had a back up!